Visit Orlando and its partners will host a series of training and marketplace events called the “Orlando Canadian Sunshine Tour” in Calgary, Toronto and Halifax from Dec. 3-8, 2023.
Travel advisors will have the chance to learn about all aspects of Orlando through engaging educational sessions—from theme parks and Michelin-rated dining to new hotels and unique local neighbourhoods.
The series will also mark the return of Visit Orlando to key markets, Calgary and Halifax, both offering new airlift to Orlando.
“The Orlando Sunshine Tour includes new stops this year to ensure travel advisors have the information they need to help clients enjoy unbelievably real experiences in the most visited destination in the United States,” said Visit Orlando President and CEO Casandra Matej. “We will also return to Toronto with an interactive, fun concept bringing Orlando to life.”
During the events, the Visit Orlando delegation will meet with travel agencies, tour operators, travel trade partners and other key industry stakeholders to highlight Orlando's unique and diverse attractions, while addressing the growing interest of Canadian travellers in exploring the destination.
The education will offer fun and engaging sessions for advisors to get hands-on planning experience that will leave as much of an impression as a trip to Orlando.
Schedule of Events
- Monday, Dec. 4 at 5:30 p.m.- Calgary Training Session + Marketplace at The Westin Calgary Airport
- Wednesday, Dec. 6 at 5:30 p.m.- Toronto Training Session + Marketplace at Chateau Le Jardin
- Friday, Dec. 8 at 9 a.m. - Halifax Training Session + Marketplace at The Prince George Hotel
Food and drinks will be provided. Travel advisors are encouraged to register to attend by Friday, Nov. 10 here.
- Caribe Royale (Calgary only)
- Evermore Orlando Resort
- Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex
- Marriott Village Orlando
- Orlando International Airport
- Rosen Hotels & Resorts
- Sonesta ES Suites Orlando Hotels
- Universal Orlando Resort
- Walt Disney World Resort (Calgary and Toronto only)
- Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort
Attendees will also be entered for a chance to win a trip to Orlando for the 2024 Visit Orlando Ultimate Fam.
To qualify, they must complete the Orlando Travel Academy before attending the Orlando Live! Event.
Orlando Travel Academy
Orlando Travel Academy is the destination’s comprehensive training tool, providing content for travel agents on all aspects of Orlando.
Each qualifying advisor that completes the course will become a certified “Orlando Travel Expert.”