As the U.S. eases land border restrictions with Canada today, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina is welcoming Canadian visitors to the Grand Strand with special travel deals and discounts.
Visit Myrtle Beach is ready to welcome visitors who are eager to resume international travel and create new memories or revisit familiar traditions.
Special offers, details for planning an upcoming trip to The Beach and information on health and testing requirements are available on an updated webpage VisitMyrtleBeach.ca.
“Myrtle Beach has long been a hot spot for snowbirds seeking to find warmth and recreation along our 60 miles of beaches,” said Karen Riordan, president and CEO of Visit Myrtle Beach. “Now, with the Canadian border reopening to vaccinated travelers, we are especially thrilled to see our neighbours from Canada again and just in time for our holiday season and our Can-Am Days.”
Visit Myrtle Beach and the region’s tourism businesses have created numerous special deals available now and into the new year, including the annual Myrtle Beach Can-Am Days Festival scheduled for March 12 – 20, 2022.
Here are a few highlights of the “Welcome Back, Canadians” deals available in Myrtle Beach:
- Beach Cove Resort – Save up to 50 percent on stays of seven nights or longer. Valid Nov. 5, 2021 - Jan. 1, 2023
- Ocean Creek Resort – Book at seven-night stay and save up to 55 percent. Valid Nov. 5, 2021 - Jan. 1, 2023
- Sea Crest Oceanfront Resort – Receive $10 USD in resort credit for each night valid for use at retail and dining locations throughout the resort. Valid through Dec. 31, 2022
- Condo-World Resort Properties – Save up to 30 percent on oceanfront condos. Valid through Dec. 31, 2022
- Funplex Myrtle Beach – Save $3 USD on admissions and $5 on refreshments. Minimum purchase required. Valid through April 30, 2022
- Island Vista – Receive 25 percent off select rooms. Valid through Dec. 31, 2022
- Hotel Blue – Save up to half off on stays of seven nights or longer. Valid through Dec. 31, 2022
- Carolina Winds Resort – Book a stay of 7 nights or longer and receive up to 52 percent off. Valid through Dec. 31, 2022.
In addition to special pricing, Myrtle Beach boasts a broad range of new attractions, accommodations and dining options for visitors. Those new developments include:
- Funplex Myrtle Beach - Conveniently located just a few steps from the beach on 14th Ave, the Funplex Myrtle Beach is designed for families and thrill seekers alike.
- Huntington Beach State Park Nature Center - The new nature center is $1.2 million investment and features a birding area, a classroom and an exhibit area with live animals.
- New Craft Breweries – Grand Strand Brewing Company in downtown Myrtle Beach produces a variety of handmade beers to be available in its taproom. Crooked Hammock Brewery in Barefoot Landing is an all-ages backyard escape that features craft beer, indoor/outdoor seating for more than 500 guests, firepits, hammocks, outdoor games, and a bar that is set over the lake.
- SkyWheel Myrtle Beach – In celebration of the attraction’s 10th anniversary in 2021, SkyWheel underwent major renovations including a new wheel structure, refurbished interiors and exteriors of its 42 gondolas, and most noteworthy, a new state-of-the-art lighting system allowing for more dynamic light shows.
- Homewood Suites by Hilton – New in 2021, Homewood Suites by Hilton offering apartment-style living near the beautiful beaches in the Grand Strand.
Visit www.VisitMyrtleBeach.com for more info.