The Saint Lucia Tourism Authority (SLTA) held its inaugural "Say Yes to Saint Lucia" Global Romance Summit from Oct. 13-17, 2022.
Travel advisors from Saint Lucia’s top global markets, including Canada, the U.S., U.K. and the Caribbean, experienced the full spectrum of romantic offerings firsthand.
The groups learned about the destination and explored dozens of locations ideal for marriage proposals, destination weddings, adventurously romantic getaways, magically intimate vow renewals and honeymoons.
“What Saint Lucia offers is an experience that really cements the bonds that togetherness brings. So many locations in Saint Lucia recognize the special moments of romance, weddings and honeymoons. Choosing Saint Lucia is simply saying yes to an authentic, world-class destination with unmatched experiences,” said Minister of Tourism Hon. Dr. Ernest Hilaire.
Highlights of the conference included the keynote address delivered by Global Speaking Fellow Alan Berg, in association with the wedding booking app LOVU.
Mr. Berg challenged travel advisors to sharpen their skills with the strategic approaches provided.
In addition to the sights, flavours and sounds of Saint Lucia, attendees experienced the popular Gros Islet street party and attended the Romance Showcase at Sandals Grande St. Lucian.
Romance suppliers, event companies and hotels showcased events services and distinct gift ideas - including a stunning fashion runway show with new bridal collections.
“Saint Lucia has extraordinary natural gifts, accommodations, varied experiences, and the precise service excellence today’s romance travellers not only seek, but are willing to pay a premium for. The Global Romance Summit provided the ultimate showcase and immersive educational experience, which will undoubtedly pay future dividends within this essential market segment for Saint Lucia,” said Senior Sales Manager of the Saint Lucia Tourism Authority and Lead on the Global Romance Summit Richard Moss.
Host hotels showcasing their romance offerings include East Winds, Sandals Resorts, St. James Club Morgan Bay, StolenTime by Rendezvous and 25 Collection de Pépites properties which sponsored the inaugural summit.
By the numbers
- 30 Travel Advisors and Tour Operators: Participants specialized in Romance Travel and travelled from four global markets, including the U.S., Canada, the UK and the Caribbean
- 25 Villas and Hotels participated: including four host hotels
- 12 Local Experiences: Including the world-famous Mud Baths, a new 'Kabawe Krawl' bar hop, the Gros Islet Friday night Street Party, chocolate making using locally sourced cacao, a scenic catamaran ride and ferry transfers
- 15 Independent Event & Wedding Planners: Connections with caterers, entertainers, décor providers and wedding specialists
- 60,000+ steps: Advisors completed more than 60,000 steps on this active FAM trip
- 30 nautical miles: Participants sailed more than 30 nautical miles