Pax Global Media
Japan will reopen on October 11 for visa-free, individual travel and TTC Tour Brands says travellers are eager to get back to the East Asian Country.
Trafalgar, Contiki and Luxury Gold Japan itineraries are filling up fast with several departure dates already sold out as the guided tour companies look towards an influx of travellers flocking to the cultural and historical landmarks with less restrictions.
“Our guests are eager to get back to Japan and we’re thrilled to take them there. We’ve seen a rush to book with several of our itineraries selling quickly for 2022 and 2023,” said Melissa DaSilva, president TTC Tour Brands North America. “It’s encouraging to see yet another highly sought-after location become accessible to travellers once again. Guests hoping to travel to Japan soon can still do so on Luxury Gold’s Majestic Japan this upcoming spring and on Trafalgar’s Splendors of Japan and Contiki’s Japan Unrivalled, Japan in A Week and more in 2023.”
TTC Tour Brands’ range of guided tours offer travellers the chance to see the amazing destination in a way that best suits them.
From groups catered to young adults to slow paced luxury adventures, each itinerary aims to provide guests with in-depth experiences that give insight into Japanese culture and history through hands-on activities and expert knowledge from our Travel Directors and Local Specialists.
Trafalgar’s two Japan itineraries are ready for travellers enthusiastic about exploring Japan in 2023:
- Splendors of Japan allows guests to explore both the iconic cities and mountain landscapes of Japan over the course of nine days with nights spent in Tokyo and Kyoto to start and end the Japanese adventure. Travellers will witness the magnificent Mt. Fuji and the Five Lakes District, the UNESCO mountain village of Gokayama and learn Japanese crafts such as making washi paper with a MAKE TRAVEL MATTER Experience before venturing on Express train to Kyoto.
- Classic Japan provides guests will the opportunity to dive deep into four iconic cities—Tokyo, Kyoto, Hiroshima and Osaka with multiple nights in each over the course of 10 days. With inter-city travel by Express train, travellers will explore the Ameyoko Street Market, the UNESCO-listed Kinkakuji Temple, visit a local farmer at his tea plantation in Sumiyama Village, ferry to Miyajima Island to the UNESCO-listed Itsukushima Shrine in Hiroshima and cruise along the Okawa River in Osaka.
The social travel company for travellers ages 18-35, Contiki, offers three Japan itineraries with several departure dates sold out for 2022 as guests look forward to the reopening:
- Japan in A Week provides guests with a week-long adventure exploring the country’s biggest cities, Tokyo, Kyoto and Osaka. Guests will venture into Nakamise Street, Harajuku and the Shibuya Crossing in Tokyo, experience traditional tea houses and The Golden Pavilion in Kyoto and wander down Dontonburi to taste delicious street food in Osaka.
- Japan Winter Wonder guides travellers through the wonders of Tokyo, Hiroshima, Kyoto and Osaka in the wintertime with the option to embark on a skiing adventure at Hakuba Ski Resort.
- Japan Unrivalled gives guests a combination of city and country life over the course of 13 days with visits to the cities of Tokyo, Hiroshima, Osaka and Kyoto as well as the mountains of Hakone, the countryside in Takayama and Mount Koya for a stay in a Buddhist guesthouse. Travellers will get ample opportunities to explore both Japanese city and country life with visits to fish markets and temples, sake tasting and sushi making classes, attending a Buddhist morning service and more.
Luxury Gold offers one Japan itinerary with multiple departure dates already sold out in 2023:
- Majestic Japan takes guests on a 11-day adventure through the island country with stops in Osaka, Hiroshima, Kyoto, Tokyo, Sendai and Oirase Gorge and more. Travellers will take part in exclusive VIP experiences including a meeting with a survivor from the bombing of Hiroshima and a private Sake tasting with a brew master, as well as other exciting experiences such as exploring Osaka Castle, riding the Kachi-Kachi Ropeway Cable Car in Mount Fuji, taking a private cruise on Matsushima Bay and more.
Don't miss a single travel story: subscribe to PAX today! Click here to follow PAX on Facebook.