Intrepid Travel has introduced 10 new tours as part of their Intrepid Premium range.
The new tours come a year and a half after Intrepid launched their inaugural Premium collection, a range of tours appealing to discerning travellers that feature hand-picked accommodations, private transportation, train journeys and an array of signature stays and exclusive experiences.
The addition of 10 new tours, which include six new trips in Europe and four new trips in North and South America, bring the total number of Intrepid Premium trips to 97, giving travellers a more sustainable choice for higher-end adventures.
With the introduction of these new itineraries, the Intrepid Premium range will now span across 42 countries and five continents.
While Africa and Asia have been the two top selling regions for the Premium range so far, the addition of these new trips will help bolster the Premium offering in other key destinations around the world, specifically in Europe.
The six new Europe itineraries will mark the first Premium tours in the Baltics, Balkans, and Northern Spain, and bring the total Intrepid Premium offering in Europe to 25 tours.
The launch will also mark the first Intrepid Premium itinerary in the United States with the introduction of Premium Alaska. It is one of four tours being launched across the Americas including Premium Costa Rica and Premium Patagonia.
“Trends show that passengers are willing to pay for premium trips that offer an exceptional experience at an excellent value,” said Matt Berna, Intrepid Travel President, North America. “Like all Intrepid trips, these new itineraries are designed to minimize travellers’ environmental footprint and maximize their positive impact for local communities – this is what makes Intrepid Travel so special.”
Highlights of the signature stays and experiences on the new tours include:
- Spend 2 unforgettable nights in the Sicilian countryside at your Feature Stay accommodation, Baglio della Luna Foresteria, a countryside estate built within a medieval watch tower.
- Spend three nights in a beautiful and sustainable Feature Stay hotel offering fantastic amenities and first-class views of the surrounding mountains and fjord – your gateway to Torres del Paine National Park.
- Spend the day with penguins on Martillo Island in the Southernmost city in the world.
- Take a private transfer to Fairbanks rail depot where you will board your Deluxe Dome rail car for the scenic journey south to the town of Denali, gateway to Denali National Park.
Premium Costa Rica in Depth:
- Learn about the culture of Costa Rica with Premium exclusive experiences: spend time with a local family and learn how to create traditional dishes in their kitchen, and visit Matambu, the only indigenous territory of the Chorotegan people, to learn ancient pottery techniques passed down for generations.
- Enjoy two nights at your Feature Stay – a stunning and sustainable jungle hotel next to the electric-blue Rio Celeste River. Settle into your cosy casita (bungalow), an exclusive retreat just for you, and surround yourself with the sounds of nature.
The 10 new Intrepid Premium tours are:
- Premium Northern Spain, 10 days starting from $6,275 CAD
- Premium Baltics, 10 days starting from $4,465 CAD
- Premium Balkans, 9 days starting from $3,750 CAD
- Premium Belgrade to Bucharest, 11 days starting from $4,365 CAD
- Premium Turkey, 8 days starting from $3,445 CAD
- Premium Sicily, 10 days starting from $5,355 CAD
- Premium Costa Rica, 9 days starting from $3,980 CAD
- Premium Costa Rica in Depth, 12 days starting from $6,140 CAD
- Premium Alaska, 10 days starting from $9,030 CAD
- Premium Patagonia, 9 days
Every Premium itinerary is led by Intrepid’s most experienced leaders and include a feature stay and signature experience that will not be available on any other Intrepid trips.
For more on Intrepid Premium, visit www.intrepidtravel.com/premium.