To make solo travel more accessible, and to foster the rise in demand for solo travel, Cosmos is waiving the single supplement on 15 tours across Europe and North America in 2023.
“Solo travel is on the rise and it’s our pleasure to support the incredible journey solo travellers take from the moment they say ‘yes’ to the end of their holiday,” said Ainsley Ericksen, senior director of marketing for the Globus family of brands. “By waiving the single supplement on select tours, we’re helping solo travellers enjoy a world of exploration in 2023. Now, more than ever, they’re in great company.”
Before the pandemic, approximately 15 per cent of travellers were going solo, the tour operator says. Since then, Google searches for solo travel have quadrupled.
And, according to a recent survey of Cosmos travellers, 26 percent (26%) of respondents said they’re planning to travel solo in the coming year – nearly doubling 2019 travel statistics. And while solo travel comes in every shape and size, “Solo Traveller World’s” recent annual reader survey showed that 9 of 10 solo travellers prefer to “take tours all or some of the time.”
On a tour, those going solo are on their own, but never truly alone, added Ericksen.
Instead, Cosmos guests have access to a tour director – a local expert who’s with them throughout the journey, providing an immersive, storytelling experience – and the promise of vetted, comfortable, safe accommodations with transportation, included, as part of the itinerary.
From Nashville to New Orleans and Paris to Prague, these special “no single supplement” tours, will take solo travellers to some of the most coveted places on Earth.
- Rome, Florence & Venice (7 days)
- Prague, Vienna & Budapest (9 days)
- The Best of Greece (9 days)
- Lisbon, Seville & Madrid (9 days)
- Irish Discovery (9 days)
- Seven Countries, Venice & Paris (10 days)
- Paris, Normandy & the Loire (11 days)
- Seven Countries, Venice & Paris with London Extension (11 days)
- Highlights of the Canyonlands (7 days)
- Southern Sounds (8 days)
- New York City, Niagara Falls & Washington, DC (8 days)
- Ontario & French Can ada (8 days)
- The Lone Star State to the French Quarter (12 days)
- Canadian Rockies (13 days)
- Golden West Adventure (14 days)
Solo travellers interested in taking advantage of these tours (which waive the single supplement) are advised to book early as just five “no single supplement” spaces have been set aside for each tour.