Travelport has launched a brand-new plug-in that provides travel agencies with the latest information on government restrictions, lockdowns and safety measures across the globe – all within the agent workflow.
The Travelport COVID-19 Smartpoint Plugin is available free-of-charge to all Travelport customers globally, using Travelport Smartpoint 8.2 or above, and can be downloaded directly from Travelport Marketplace.
About the tool
The new tool provides detailed information on a range of topics, including: lockdown rules, entry requirements and quarantine measures for travellers. Country-level information can be displayed at the click of a button, allowing agents to advise their customers easily and instantly.
“The travel ecosystem today is probably the most complex it has ever been, with government, airline, and hotel policies in every country constantly-changing," said Kyle Moore, global head of customer strategy and marketing, Travelport. "We’re making sure our agent partners no longer need to constantly leave their workflow to search for accurate and up-to-date information – greatly improving their efficiency in servicing their traveler customers.”
Information updated daily
The information in the Travelport COVID-19 Smartpoint Plugin is provided by global travel safety intelligence provider, Safeture, and is updated daily.
“Our collaboration with Travelport will provide millions of travellers with the information they need to make informed decisions. With travel showing signs of a long-awaited recovery, creating this sense of security will be key to the reopening of economies and societies,” commented Magnus Hultman, CEO of Safeture.
The plugin is the latest Travelport initiative to arm travel agents with the safety information they need and to support a safe, healthy, and responsible return to travel. In recent months, Travelport has:
- Created the travel technology industry’s first COVID-19 Resource Hub; compiling information such travel supplier policy trackers, relevant news, and guides.
- To-date, the company has registered more than 80,000 visits to the hub.
- Contributed to the formation of various World Travel and Tourism Council protocols aimed at supporting a strong industry recovery.
- Helped airlines to use the Travelport Rich Content and Branding merchandising solution to communicate safety information to travel agents.
- Worked with hotel groups to utilize descriptive space on the GDS screens to communicate safety information.
A video demonstration of how the plugin works, can be found here.
Don't miss a single travel story: subscribe to PAX today!