The Travel Institute’s 7th Annual Promote Your Professionalism grants travel agents the opportunity to utilize scholarship funds to bolster their skills before consumer travel demand returns.
Since the program’s inception in 2014, The Travel Institute Fund has endowed $460K USD in scholarships, benefitting more than 2500 students across its flagship, three-tier, certification programs, which have been the industry’s education gold standard for more than 55 years.
How to apply for a scholarship
To apply for a scholarship, individuals must complete The Travel Institute’s scholarship form, available now through the end of July, selecting from the Certified Travel Associate, CTA®, Certified Travel Counselor, CTC®, or Certified Travel Industry Executive, CTIE®, programs, each of which are designed for a different career stage.
Scholarship value is as high as $275 depending on certification level.
Certification program graduates benefit from a unique combination of online, flexible learning along with access to peer groups and one-on-one advice from trainers for additional support, enabling them to consistently demonstrate the personal skills, professional knowledge, and business aptitude to navigate the travel industry successfully.
Supplementing certification scholarships are free interactive webinars, focused on developing and promoting agent professionalism, including:
- June 25, 2 pm EDT: Specialization—Finding Your Travel Industry Niche; Patty Noonan, CTC, The Travel Institute
- June 26, 2:30 pm EDT: Brand for Business; Patrick McGovern, director of business development, Ascedia
- June 29, 4 pm EDT: Ireland—Staying informed: Preparing today so you can start planning tomorrow; Evan McElligott, CTA, Independent Ireland
- July 9, 11 am EDT: The Dos and Don’ts of Emotional Branding; Alvin Adriano, CTA, chief executive officer, Travelwise International
- July 16, 1 pm EDT: First Impressions—Don’t blow your one shot! Anita Pagliasso, vice president, supplier relations, KHM Travel
- July 20, 2 pm EDT: Expanding Your Circle of Influence: Public Relations; Richard Earls, publisher, Travel Research Online
- July 28, 2 pm EDT: The Path to a Perfect Itinerary; Anne MacIntyre, owner, On the Map Travel
See full webinar schedule for additional details and topics; advanced registration required and availability limited.
Certified graduates also benefit from online marketing tools such as digital credentials and a consumer-facing directory to easily market themselves with potential new clients.
Don't miss a single travel story: subscribe to PAX today!