At the Zoëtry Villa Rolandi, you experience the art of living in its simplest form.
An intimate property with just 35 suites, the hotel is worth discovering by sophisticated clientele in search of a peaceful getaway.
From the outside, Zoëtry Villa Rolandi channels subtle luxury; with its rocky outlines and compact size, the property boasts undertones of a European flair that are sure to appeal to the continent’s regular visitors.
Taking a boat to the property (it’s on an island, after all) bears resemblance to the vaporettos in Venice. What a stylish arrival!
A very chic stay
The European charm of Zoëtry Villa Rolandi is felt everywhere on the property, which stands out from its neighbors thanks to its intimate boutique spirit.
In contrast to the noisy and festive mega-complexes elsewhere in the Caribbean, the Zoëtry Villa Rolandi offers its guests a high-class stay that focuses on epicurean pleasures.
The hotel’s unique location on the shores of Isla Mujeres features a private beach with calm and translucent waters - a few steps from the main terrace - and fine sand devoid of stones. It’s arguably one of the nicest in all of eastern Mexico, despite its small size.
The pool overlooks the strait separating the island from the mainland where, in the distance, the tops of Cancun’s tall buildings can be seen through the haze.
With a signature cocktail in hand, prepared with care at the lobby bar, the pool at Zoëtry Villa Rolandi is a great place to relax and unwind for a few hours.
Flanked by suites with wrought iron balconies brightened by abundant azaleas, all of the rooms feature ocean views, meaning guests will enjoy breathtaking sunsets — a privilege few properties in the region can brag about.
Discover Isla Mujeres
Located only 25 minutes by ferry from Cancun, the pretty island of Isla Mujeres (which translates to “island of women”) is also a designated "Pueblo Magico" — a program led by the Mexican government meant to promote the most picturesque and culturally-significant towns — that can easily be discovered in a few hours, following the mazes of the main road.
And the best way to go about that?
A golf cart, of course! They can be rented from the hotel’s concierge, allowing guests to venture out on excursions in no time at all.
Several places of interest are worth a visit: from the vast expanses of Playa Norte and the magnificent but vertiginous cliffs of Garrafon Punta Sur Park, to the agricultural estate of the notorious pirate Fermin Mundaca and the eco-responsible tortoise sanctuary La Tortuga Granja, Isla Mujeres offers plenty to occupy a whole day.
The Zoëtry Villa Rolandi in a nutshell
Four room categories (between 500 and 2,000 square feet):
- Junior suite
- Veranda Junior Suite
- Junior Suite Superior
- Presidential Suite
All equipped with:
- Modern Caribbean decor with Italian marble finishes, Bvlgari bath products, lounge area with sofa, private terrace with whirlpool tub and spa-style bathroom with therapeutic shower
- Direct ocean view
- Veranda-level rooms have direct access to the main terrace and pool
- Housekeeping three times a day
- Bottle of tequila upon arrival
- Fresh fruit and bottle of sparkling wine in the room every day
- Small dogs accepted in certain room categories
Eat and drink
- Two restaurants without reservations named Casa Rolandi (Italian-Swiss specialties) and Le Métissage (French-Mexican), combining health and gourmet menus
- A bar stocked with world-class spirits
- 24-hour room service at no charge
- Possibility to organize in-room dining for two
- Sip, Savor & See program in collaboration with other AMResorts complexes in the Yucatan region (Zoëtry, Secrets, Dreams and Now brands); four guests per reservation, transportation not included
- Thalasso spa with seven massage cabins, a saltwater pool and a steam room, as well as a full menu of holistic face and body treatments.
- Fully-equipped gym, overlooking a large terrace where yoga workshops are offered by the sea.
Don't miss a single travel story: subscribe to PAX today!