In light of recent changes to government guidelines in AMResorts' destination markets, the company is amending its resort opening dates as noted below.
Affected destinations include Costa Rica, Curacao, the Dominican Republic (Punta Cana, Puerto Plata, La Romana), Jamaica, Panama, and Saint Martin.
Stop sales have already been implemented. AMResorts is asking agents to contact the following director of sales contacts illustrated in the chart below:
Move the date, keep the rate!
Guests may change the date of their current booking to a future travel date, up to a year from the original travel date, with no additional fee or cancellation penalty. In addition, when re-booking for a future travel date, AMResorts will extend one additional night complimentary to all vacationers.
- Complimentary night is one additional night beyond the original booking duration. To take advantage of this offer guests should book the rate code “KEEP” in their original channel of booking. Please select the rate keep that corresponds to the length of stay of the booking; for example “KEEP5” for a 5-night length of stay on the new reservation, which would have been a previous 4-night length of stay.
- Guests also have the option to change to another AMResorts® property within the same brand in a different destination with no additional fee or cancellation penalty; the additional free night also applies in these cases.
- If the rate is lower on the new travel date, the client will be refunded the rate differential.
- If the client wishes to change brands, they would be responsible for any price increases.
- Blackout dates December 23rd - December 31st
- Groups up to 39 rooms:
- If the group wishes to change the date of their existing booking to a future travel date between now and December 22nd, 2020, they may do so at the same rate based on room availability for up to one year from original travel date.
- Additionally, groups may also relocate to another AMResorts® property within the same brand, in a different destination for the same rate, based on availability.
- If the rate is lower on the new travel date, the client will be refunded the rate differential; alternatively, if the client wishes to change brands, they would be responsible for any price increases.
- Groups of 40 rooms or more:
- If the group wishes to change their date, they may do so at the same resort for up to one year from the original travel date.
- If the rate is lower on the new travel date, the group will be refunded the rate differential; alternatively, if the rate is higher, the group will be subject to a maximum 5% rate increase for the new dates.
- Changes in group size - if the group has guests that will no longer be able to travel, we will allow those guests to independently rebook their travel. These rooms will no longer count towards any earned group amenities and the group amenities will be recalculated based on the new group size.
AMResorts® cancellation penalty will be 24 hours for FIT bookings, and 72 hours for social groups.
Don't miss a single travel story: subscribe to PAX today!