Sonesta Resorts Sint Maarten is now fully operational having completed the final stages of rebuilding post Hurricane Irma.
The all-inclusive, adults-only Sonesta Ocean Point Resort and family-focused Sonesta Maho Beach Resort, Casino & Spa are back better than ever with new accommodations, facilities and restaurants and a new executive team overseeing every aspect of the guest experience including new food and beverage, entertainment and fitness programs, just in time for the upcoming holiday season.
With the introduction of a new executive food and beverage team, a roll out of new culinary offerings is in place, elevating the all-inclusive dining experience with a focus on quality, freshness, variety and authentic international and local flavors that cater to every guests’ preference.
Guests are enjoying Sonesta Maho Beach Resort’s new look reflecting a contemporary design while keeping its signature family-friendly charms.
The resort continues to offer an array of restaurants and bars including new and past favorites like the al fresco Palms Grill with Lava Rock dining; buffet offerings at Ocean Terrace; Napoli Pizzeria + Paninoteca; à la carte dining at The Point; pub grub at the Ascot Pub & Sports Bar; Asian specialties at Jing’s Kitchen and the return of Maho Café.
The resort also now features:
- new cast of Beach House crew members and all-day activities (Beach House Kids Club and Aqua Park designed for children ages 3-12)
- new Teen Zone for young adults packed with the latest entertainment and video games, including DJ decks, Karaoke, GoPro sessions and more
- The Oasis Pool now has cool waterslides and the popular Oasis Swim Up Bar is still the lively centre for resort activities
- Newly appointed guestrooms showcase a thoughtful contemporary design and a new category, The Loft Suites, features ocean views, an elevated bedroom with a king bed and a sitting area located beneath and a pull-out sofa, each with own full bathroom, perfect for couples or families
- A new lobby façade debuted at Sonesta Ocean Point Resort along with Casa Blue Tapas Restaurant & Bar located on top of Azul Restaurant offering gorgeous 360-degree views of the sea, serving Caribbean fusion tapas and a full-service bar i
- The new Candlelit Island Grill offers an intimate al fresco dining experience under the stars with OFYR-grilled specialties accompanied by a top selection of wine.
- Sunset Lounge + Bar is still serving up cocktails and views, along with Martin’s Bar in the lobby, Azul Bar and pool service, and of course, the signature Azul Restaurant serving elevated Mediterranean cuisine.
- The “Stay at One, Play at Two” program exclusively for Sonesta Ocean Point guests, offers full access to all facilities at Sonesta Maho Beach Resort listed above.
The newly revamped 2,500 square-foot Serenity Spa located at Sonesta Maho Beach Resort features six treatment rooms, two dedicated pedicure and manicure stations, a vast menu of facials, body wraps and scrubs, massages and specialized wellbeing treatments featuring local ingredients. Guests can also experience a treatment at Serenity Point, a private outdoor gazebo, overlooking the crystalline blue waters of Maho Bay.
The comprehensive new all-inclusive Entertainment Program includes day and night activities; a vibrant live music schedule; Showcase Masterclass demonstration sessions; the Signature Series; SunFit Body + Lifestyle Classes that feature on trend options like, yoga, Pilates and meditation and a varied special events program.
Vegas-style production shows are free at the famous, and island’s largest, Casino Royale Theatre featuring Planet Pop, a celebration of iconic pop hits on Wednesdays, Latin Fire bringing the heat with salsa beats on Fridays and Through the Night, a circus spectacular on Saturdays.
The renowned Maho Village Carnival parade with marching bands and pre-show from the Sonesta Showteam returns on Fridays, just outside of Casino Royale and along the promenade of restaurants, bars and shops, while residents and visitors alike join in on the fun, bringing back excitement to the entertainment district of Sint Maarten.
Don't miss a single travel story: subscribe to PAX today!