AMResorts has announced that the highly-anticipated opening of the Secrets® St. Martin Resort & Spa has been pushed back until March 1, 2020.
In a statement, Colette Baruth, SVP, global commerce & distribution, AMResorts, said that the decision was made in the best interests of clients.
"Please know that this was a difficult decision to make, but was needed as a result of construction delays associated to external issues, including recent local strikes that created road closures," Baruth said. "We wholeheartedly look forward to serving our mutual guests upon the new grand opening date."
According to AMResorts, any bookings affected by this change will be protected and compensated.
The following booking protection options will be re-booked and confirmed through original booking channel:
- With Secrets St. Martin Resort & Spa being AMResorts' first resort in destination, the following non-AMResorts® branded properties in destination are offered to protect bookings to all affected guests, based on availability:
- Sonesta Ocean Point Resort
- Sonesta Maho Beach Resort, Casino & Spa
- Similar resorts based on availability
- In the event that a guest cannot be protected on the island, AMResorts will work with each booking on an individual basis to protect guests at another AMResorts® destination.
- Guests will also receive a complimentary return stay certificate to Secrets St. Martin Resort & Spa for an equal number of nights as the original reservation. Travel must be completed within one year of original departure date.
- Travel agency commission will be protected on the land-only portion of the original booking, as well as the complimentary return stay. Commissions will be paid by the tour operator and charged back to the AMResorts® branded property. The tour operator should send the resort an invoice directly and the payment will come from the resort.
For any additional inquiries, travel agents can contact Jose Castillo, Director of Sales for Secrets St. Martin Resort & Spa, at email@example.com.
Don't miss a single travel story: subscribe to PAX today!