The AMR Collection (AMResorts’ new master brand) marked the opening of Secrets Bahia Mita Surf & Spa Resort and Dreams Bahia Mita Surf & Spa Resort on Aug. 1, 2021, with a grand opening celebration.
As one cohesive property, the resorts expand the AMR Collection’s footprint to the exclusive area of Nayarit near Punta de Mita, which is situated in Banderas Bay.
“We are thrilled to continue expanding the AMR Collection with the addition of these two beautiful properties,” said Gonzalo del Peón, group president, AMResorts Americas & Global Commercial, in a statement.
Secrets Bahia Mita Surf & Spa Resort
Secrets Bahia Mita Surf & Spa Resort boasts 278 spacious suites with ocean views, contemporary modern décor, marble floors and lush gardens.
This adults-only resort will also offer the Unlimited-Luxury concept, with amenities including:
- All-suite resort featuring amazing tropical or ocean views as well as ocean front suites with access to a private terrace
- Ideal location known for surfing, with a jogging track within the jungle and resort
- Two expansive infinity pool and infinity water deck pool with breathtaking views of the ocean, as well as two additional pools and an outdoor hot tub
- Sun deck area with private lounge chairs and hammocks, a moon deck with five fire pits and a wedding gazebo
- Three a la carte restaurants, one international buffet, a café and a grill and seven bars and lounges featuring top shelf spirits, plus access to Dreams’ restaurants and bars
- More than 33,382 sq. ft. of spa facilities, offering a sublime atmosphere of pure indulgence combining hydrotherapy and pampering treatments and 21 private cabanas, both single and double
- More than 12,711 sq. ft. of meeting facilities, including a convention center with capacity for up to 1,000 people, small break outs and meeting rooms
- Free-flow access to all facilities of the adjoining Dreams Bahia Mita Surf & Spa Resort, including restaurants, bars, spa, gym, and common areas.
Dreams Bahia Mita Surf & Spa Resort
At the adjoining Dreams Bahia Mita Surf & Spa Resort, the property boasts 363 luxurious suites with furnished balconies or terraces that offer views of the Banderas Bay or Sierra Madre Mountain Range.
This family-friendly resort will also offer the Unlimited-Luxury concept with amenities including:
- Pool and beach wait service
- 24-hour room service and a daily refreshed mini-bar
- Eco-friendly resort designed by the famous architect Sordo Madaleno
- Five a la carte restaurants, one international buffet, a café, and a grill
- Seven bars and lounges offering top shelf spirits
- Surf-friendly waters, snorkeling-approved sea adventures and a running path through the jungle for adventurous runners and avid walkers
- Centrally located second floor lobby
- Four pools, a whirlpool, and a kids pool with a pirate ship
- An Explorer’s Club for Kids with activities for children between the ages of 3 and 12, and a Core Zone Teen’s Club with entertainment for teenagers ages 13 to 17
- Stunning wedding locations, offering beach setups and an incredible oceanfront wedding gazebo
Both resorts are the only resorts in Mexico to feature seismic isolators, “one of the most popular means of protecting a structure against earthquake forces,” the company said.