Hotel Riu Vallarta, located beside Los Flamingos beach on the Riviera Nayarit, has just reopened its doors after having been fully refurbished in a new contemporary and elegant style.
READ MORE: RIU opens first-ever waterpark in Costa Rica
Built in 2006, the five-star establishment has a total of 678 rooms and offers RIU’s 24-hour all-inclusive service.
Guests will enter through the hotel’s new spectacular and elegant lobby, where the reception desk is set under a large central skylight. It has kept its high ceilings and columns, complemented by huge lamps and works of art. The rooms have been decorated in warm tones, contrasting with the green plant motifs on the upholstery, giving them a distinctive touch. They also include all the essential amenities so that guests fully enjoy their visit to the hotel.
Following its refurbishment, the hotel also offers a range of other novelties, including:
- Three new culinary options —Italian restaurant “Il Gusto”, “Pepe’s Food” and a steakhouse.
- The “Kulinarium” and Asian “Nirvana” restaurants also survived the refit and were updated, as was the main one “Don Rafael” with a larger terrace and an air-conditioned area.
- Lobby bar “Astoria”, the lounge bar “La Boheme”, a sports bar, the “La Plaza” bar and the swimming pool bar “Mezcal”.
- RiuFit area and a range of sporting activities on offer including windsurfing and beach volleyball
- Shows and live music
- the RIU parties held once a week at Hotel Riu Jalisco
- RiuLand for children
Another of the main changes has been to the outside area by the swimming pools. The hotel now has a total of five pools, one of them with a swim-up bar and another with slides for the littlest guests to enjoy. The best thing is that customers can now enjoy taking a relaxing dip in a pool or sunbathe while they contemplate the spectacular sea and sky panorama in the distance.
See it for yourself
Don't miss a single travel story: subscribe to PAX today!