On March 7, the subsidiary of Apple Leisure Group (ALG) announced that it had signed an agreement with Oasis Hotels & Resorts to acquire two family-owned resorts, located in Mexico, including the Grand Oasis Tulum, on the Riviera Maya, in the unspoiled area of Akumal.
Four months later and after having undergone some renovations and updates, as of June 1, this hotel becomes the Sunscape Akumal Beach Resort & Spa.
It will include 362 suite rooms and will offer Sunscape's Unlimited-Fun vacation concept, which includes:
- 24-hour access to restaurants and bars without reservation required
- In-room minibar fully stocked with soft drinks, juices, bottled water and beer
- Daily terrestrial and aquatic activities for all ages
- Live music and local entertainment
- No bracelet required
- All taxes and service included
The Sunscape Akumal is situated in an infinite green jungle, near natural Mayan wonders, and rests on a beautiful strip of white sand beach, just 20 minutes from Tulum and 35 minutes from Playa del Carmen.
"This is our first Sunscape hotel in the area - the other being on Cozumel Island. The location is perfect! The hotel offers families three different atmospheres, including an area for adults only, a kid's club with a water park. For teens, we also have our Core Zone," said Orelbys Vigoa, BDM for Quebec and Eastern Canada at AMResorts.
The hotel in detail
- 362 rooms and suites, divided into 10 categories, but all of which include:
- One king-size bed or two double beds
- A private balcony or terrace
- Private bathroom
- Air conditioning
- Mini bar
- Wi-Fi internet ($)
- Four pools
- A spa
- An exclusive Sun Club section located in front of the beach with three exclusive pools, a beachfront lounge and a bar
- Three different atmospheres offering varied holiday experiences
- Exclusive Sun Club section located in front of the beach with three exclusive pools, a beachfront lounge and bar, including an adult-only area
- The Explorer's Club offers a water park with slides, fountains, trampolines and a swimming pool with a swim-up bar and a long list of supervised activities.
- The Core Zone, for teenagers aged 13 to 17
- Seven dining options, including four à la carte, buffet, grill and coffee, offering a variety of international dishes ranging from authentic Mexican dishes (Tiki Taco) to Italian dishes (Portofino) or Mediterranean (The Olive Branch)
Sunscape Akumal Beach Resort & Spa in photos
The Italian restaurant Portofino
For more information, agents can visit sunscaperesorts.com/akumal.
Don't miss a single travel story: subscribe to PAX today!