Christine Hogg is the Associate Digital Editor at PAX Global Media. Prior to joining PAX, she obtained her Honours BA in Journalism from the University of Toronto. Upon graduating, she went on to write for several travel publications while travelling the world. Her longest trip was a three-week stint in Europe, and the shortest was a 16-hour adventure in Iceland. Get in touch: email@example.com.
A large sign hanging on a portable shows that construction at the Hyatt Zilara is scheduled to end in just 26 days, on Oct. 29th.
This means that everything will be perfect by the time guests start coming to the property, which officially opens to the public three days from then on Nov. 1st.
READ MORE: Playa unpacks property updates at Toronto roadshow
Its family-friendly equivalent, the Hyatt Ziva, located right next door, will also open on Nov. 1st, and have an impressive water park. The joint properties are set on Juanillo Beach, and will feature more than 40 acres of beachfront combined.
With sneakers on and camera in hand, PAX toured the massive construction site of the soon-to-be Hyatt Zilara and Hyatt Ziva, both located in the pristine Cap Cana complex, which is a gated community located on the eastern shores of the Dominican Republic, and currently owned and operated by Playa Hotels and Resorts.
"One property is a mirror of the other; they both have five restaurants, four of which are a la carte and one buffet, and eight bars and lounges on each side, with 90 per cent of the rooms being ocean view," explained Grisel Cordones, property manager, Hyatt Zilara.
Though the sun was scorching, hundreds of construction workers, many of them coming from as far as Haiti, worked relentlessly, quite literally laying the groundwork for the two mega resorts before our very eyes.
"The renderings are spot on, which we're very excited about," Cordones enthused.
(After touring the junior suites in both complexes, PAX can also confirm that the rooms do indeed match the renderings).
From the perspective of the average onlooker, the task ahead seems like an impossible one. But with the steady drone of construction tools in the background and men in hard hats and steel-toed boots marching by, Cordones knows that everything will go according to plan.
"We are confident that we're opening," she said.
See the latest renderings and learn more about both properties below!
Hyatt Zilara: Adults-Only
The Hyatt Zilara is an adults-only, all-inclusive property for guests 18 years of age and older.
When it opens, your clients can expect the following:
- 375 oceanfront rooms and swim-up suites with 12 room categories (600 sq. ft. to 1,238 sq. ft.)
- Four a la carte dining options including Journeys (Indian), Brandos (French-Polynesian), Shutters Beachside (Peruvian), and Waves (steakhouse)
- One main buffet (The Pier)
- Seven bars: Deja Brew (coffee house), Gabriellas, Bongos, The Reef, La Mareas, The One-Eyed Cat, and Moments
- 24/7 room service
- Unlimited cocktails, spirits, beer, wine and soft drinks
- Daily and nightly activities, including paint & sip, golf clinics, water sports, cooking lessons and more
- Full access to dining options, bars and lounges at Hyatt Ziva Cap Cana
Guests who opt for the Club Level gain special access to services like:
- Private check-in and check-out in an exclusive area
- Personalized concierge services
- Private access to Club Pool
- Premium-brand liquors
- Complimentary domestic & international calls
- Exclusive Club Level Lounge featuring imported premium drinks, appetizers and continental breakfast, table games and WiFi
- 10% discount on spa and salon services
- Exclusive access to breakfast & lunch a la carte for club guests
- Late Check-out based on availability
Hyatt Ziva: Family-Friendly
The Hyatt Ziva is a family-friendly property, open to all-ages.
That being said, adults who opt to stay at this property can still enjoy access to the entire Hyatt Zilara resort.
Once open, your clients can take advantage of the following at Hyatt Ziva:
- Canapolis Waterpark, boasting a lazy river with grotto cascade, water cannons and seven slides
- 375 oceanfront suites with 46 swim-up suites and 12 room categories (600 sq. ft. to 1,873 sq. ft. (Presidential Suite)
- Six restaurants: Tempest Table (Mongolian grill), Noodle & Thread (Italian), Chinola (clean eating with gluten-free, keto, and vegan options), Navigator Grill (Caribbean flavours), Prontoz, (Caribbean flavours), El Mercado (gourmet buffet)
- Seven bars and lounges: Grog Grotto, Spritz, Cocoonz, Twisted Timbers, Coffee Republic, Bosque Lounge, Moments
- 24-hour suite service
- KidZ Club and Teen Lounge with awesome activities for younger guests
- 15 minutes from Punta Cana International Airport
- Full access for adults to Hyatt Zilara Cap Cana
As with the Hyatt Zilara, guests of the Hyatt Ziva can also opt for Club Level service, and enjoy the exact same benefits and added amenities.
As sister properties, a number of facilities are shared between the Hyatt Zilara and the Hyatt Ziva, including:
- State-of-the-art 14,000 sq. ft. fitness centre including two cardio areas, Zumba, spinning and Pilates
- 45,000 sq.ft. of brand-new meeting and event space plus wedding venues
- Resort taxes, gratuities and Wi-Fi Internet access included
- Larimar Spa Cave, with 14 treatment rooms and 22,750 sq. ft. of space
- 300-seat open air Marquia Theater for nightly live performances featuring world-class performers
Both the Hyatt Zilara and the Hyatt Ziva are now accepting bookings.
For more information on the Hyatt Zilara, click here!
For more information on the Hyatt Ziva, click here!
Don't miss a single travel story: subscribe to PAX today!