Recently joining Hilton’s growing collection brand, The Gabriel Miami now offers travellers an accessible, centrally-located getaway in close-proximity to key-attractions and venues in the city.
Formerly known as the ME by Melia, The Gabriel Miami recently joined Curio Collection – a global portfolio of remarkable hotels handpicked for their unique character and personality, each a part of its local community. The Gabriel Miami also offers commissions to Canadian travel agents looking to book the property for their clients.
Prior to rebranding as part of the Hilton collection, The Gabriel Miami underwent a series of extensive renovations.
Not only did the management company and brand flag change, but there were several renovations heavily value-driven that completely changed the experience, look, and feel of the hotel. These capital expenditures costing approximately seven million were the following:
- Lobby completely remodeled to match a five-star arrival experience
- The third floor completely remodeled and repurposed to a library and meeting space, in addition to the existing lounge
- Total square footage for dining and private events increased from 3,500 to 13,208. The square footage for private event space increased from 3,500 pre-Hilton to 9,000 post-transition excluding our signature restaurant, Cvltvra, which boasts an additional 6,000 square feet.
- The restaurant was rebuilt in its entirety, bringing a new concept named "CVLTVRA" –Latin-inspired merged with Mediterranean flavors
- Floor tiles and hotel ambiance were dramatically enhanced
- A completely new med spa “Dermanova Spa” has opened on the fourth floor of the hotel
- Steam room was remodeled with Italian marble
- Staff completed 2,000+ hours of training based on Hilton’s standards required
- Complete renovation of Bella's bar located on the 14th-floor pool
- 24-hour fitness centre
About the hotel
The property, featuring 129 well-appointed guest rooms and suites, is located in the heart of downtown, just minutes from the city’s vibrant art scene in Wynwood, the Design District and Miami Beach. With close proximity to American Airlines Arena, museums and the cruise port, The Gabriel Miami is a great choice for guests travelling for both business, and leisure.
The Gabriel Miami also brings the debut of the new upscale Latin American-inspired dining concept, helmed by executive chef Fabian Di Paolo.
The property also features more than 13,000 square feet of dining and meeting and events space, including a third-floor library and lounge, rooftop pool deck and bar and the newly opened full-service Dermanova Spa. There's also a gym and a sauna, with two renovated steam rooms, two pools including a lap pool, and complimentary yoga on Saturdays and Sundays, taking place on the pool deck.
Good to know
- There is not currently a shuttle operating from the hotel to The Gabriel Miami, however, Miami International Airport is a quick 15 minute drive.
- Four room categories: Standard, Premium & Deluxe, One Suite
- Rates are subject to availability and seasonality, i.e. summer average rate is USD $150.
- Family-friendly property
For more information on The Gabriel Miami, click here!
See it for yourself
Don't miss a single travel story: subscribe to PAX today!