Kimpton has just opened its first hotel in Scotland.
The Kimpton Charlotte Square Hotel is located in one of Edinburgh’s most beautiful squares in the Georgian New Town area and is a UNESCO world heritage site.
With a view of Edinburgh Castle and historic hotspots just a short walk away, the hotel features 184 rooms and 15 suites that are part of seven interconnecting Georgian townhouses which showcase Kimpton’s bold and playful design.
A hotel within a hotel
A standout concept at Kimpton Charlotte Square Hotel is No. 33, a hotel within a hotel that can be booked for exclusive use for up to 24 guests.
Perfect for groups, special events, private weddings or just to hang out with your closest friends, No. 33 offers an intimate, homelike space. The space includes the Townhouse Suite, three signature suites, three junior suites, and six other bedrooms. The dining room and drawing room can also be used for entertaining guests.
Some of the features of the new hotel include:
- The Garden, a space full of natural light where guests can sit back and relax for a drink or a meal
- Destination restaurant BABA featuring curated mezze dishes that are best shared around the generous wooden tables. BABA’s unique cocktail menu offers an original twist on the classics, with options such as a Sesamartini or Olive Oil Negroni.
- In-room yoga mats and Kimpton’s ‘Forgot It, We’ve Got it’ service offering important guest essentials.
- Guests can also meet fellow travelers at Kimpton’s daily social hour in the hotel’s BABA Bar
- Free fitness and wellness classes at the recently refurbished, state-of-the-art gym
- Relaxing treatments at The Spa.
Kimpton Charlotte Square Hotel is the second UK opening for the brand following the successful opening of Kimpton Fitzroy London in October 2018.
Kimpton will continue to grow its UK footprint in the coming months with highly anticipated openings in Glasgow and Manchester.
Double rooms at Kimpton Charlotte Square Hotel start from $230.
Don't miss a single travel story: subscribe to PAX today!