Unexpected delays during the construction process has delayed the grand opening of Dreams Vista Cancun Resort & Spa for a second time.
Originally scheduled to open Feb. 1, 2020, the property hopes to open now on April 1, 2020.
In a statement, Colette Baruth, senior vice president, global commerce and distribution, AMResorts, said:
"During the period of construction, the resort has experienced some unexpected delays. In the best interest of our mutual clients, we have made the decision to open the resort on April 1, 2020. We wholeheartedly look forward to serving our mutual guests upon the new grand opening date."
Guests with existing reservations will be assigned and protected at the following resorts based on availability:
- Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun
- Now Jade Riviera Cancun
- Dreams Sands Cancun Resort & Spa
- Dreams Tulum Resort & Spa
- Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa
- Now Emerald Cancun
- Reflect Cancun Resort & Spa
- If the offered resorts listed above are unable to host affected guests, another AMResorts branded property in the destination will be used.
- Guests will also receive a complimentary return stay certificate to Dreams Vista Cancun Resort & Spa for an equal number of nights as the original reservation. Travel must be completed within one year of original departure date.
- Travel agency commission will be protected on the land-only portion of the original booking, as well as the complimentary return stay. Commissions will be paid by the tour operator and charged back to the AMResorts branded property. The tour operator should send the resort an invoice directly and the payment will come from the resort.
Don't miss a single travel story: subscribe to PAX today!