With a passion for hospitality and culinary delights, Velas Resorts hosted an exclusive event last night at Charbar in Calgary for WestJet Groups Reservations staff and travel agents of top producing agencies.
Lynne White, Velas Resorts’ regional sales manager for Western Canada, emphasized the value of groups. “It's important for us to work closely with agents and the suppliers like WestJet Vacations to enhance and build relationships to grow our business.”
Velas Resorts refines the concept of luxury all-inclusive resorts in Mexico with five award-winning properties, including the Velas Vallarta (family friendly), Casa Vallarta (adults only), and the three Grand properties in Riviera Nayarit, Riviera Maya and Los Cabos.
- Family friend resort with studio suites including kitchenettes or fully equipped kitchens
- The only resort in Puerto Vallarta with a lazy river.
- Two complimentary tours included – city & shopping tour and tequila & cultural tour
- 80 room adults-only resort in the heart of the heart of the marina
- Offers unlimited golf at three courses, Marina Vallarta Golf Course, designed by Joe Finger and the Vista Vallarta Golf Courses, designed by Jack Nicklaus and Tom Weiskopf.
- Private groups can be accommodated with a buyout of the resort at 70 rooms, which will permit children.
- Handbag Bar offered where guests can borrow a designer handbag for dinner
The Grand resorts are luxury 5-star all-inclusive properties with impeccable service, quality and attention to detail. World-class culinary experiences include a choice of more than 50 bottles of wine from all over the world. All Grand Suites include a bottle of mezcal made especially for Velas Resorts and L'Occitane bath products, baby concierge, kids’ club and teen clubs.
Focus on Elevated Experiences
- Speciality events including Wellness Week, Fashion Show and Chocolate Festival
- Unique spa treatments – chocolate, tequila and candle waxing treatments and spa just for teens.
Available at Riviera Maya and Los Cabos, Cocina de Autor is a Five Diamond Award restaurant with a creative culinary experience from a two-star Michelin chef.
- Imperial Suites (two-bedroom suite) includes a private yacht for six hours with captain and concierge staff
- Wine tour on a private jet to Ensenada can be arranged
Travel agents are encouraged to sign up for the Velas Experts Program to become Expert, Master and Elite Agents to receive cash back and reward points for future stays with all registered bookings.
Denis Parry, general manager of Groups Business for WestJet Groups raved about his recent experience. “We love selling Velas Resorts. Having stayed there personally, I encourage you to get on a FAM to experience these wonderful resorts. It's spectacular. Thank you to trade partners here tonight to support WestJet and WestJet Vacations. The product knowledge and networking opportunities here allow us to create synergies to support one another and develop meaningful opportunities.”