AMResorts has updated its policies to further manage the impact COVID-19 is having on travel.
"AMResorts always wants to ensure that we are meeting your business needs, particularly in times like these," Colette Baruth
senior vice-president, global commerce and distribution at AMResorts wrote in a letter to travel partners.
The following policies below have been updated:
Social Groups travelling in 2020
For social groups in penalty that wish to cancel or postpone their trip between now and March 31st, 2020, with travel completed by December 22nd, 2020, the following policies will be in effect:
- For groups of 39 rooms or less:
- If the group wishes to change the date of their existing booking, they may do so at the same rate based on room availability.
- Additionally, groups may also relocate to another AMResorts® property within the same brand for the same rate, based on availability.
- For groups not in penalty, they may relocate to any AMResorts® property within the same brand.
- For groups of 40 rooms or more-
- If the group wishes to change their date, they may do so at the same resort for up to one year from the original travel date.
- If the rate is lower on the new travel date, the group will be refunded the rate differential; alternatively if the rate is higher, the group will be subject to a maximum 5% rate increase for the new dates.
- Changes in group size- If the group has guests that will no longer be able to travel, we will allow those guests to independently rebook their travel. These rooms will no longer count towards qualifying for any earned group amenities, and the group amenities will be recalculated based on the new group size.
Unable to Depart
For any guests on an AMResorts-branded property who are from an impacted area and unable to return home, the following extenuating circumstance rates will apply for an extended stay:
Zoëtry® Wellness & Spa Resorts: $139 pp/pn
Secrets® Resorts & Spas & Breathless® Resorts & Spas: $119 pp/pn
Dreams® Resorts & Spas & Now® Resorts & Spas: $109 pp/pn
Reflect® Resorts & Spas: $105 pp/pn
Sunscape® Resorts & Spas: $99 pp/pn
Unable to Arrive
For guests unable to arrive to an AMResorts-branded property due to current travel restrictions we have implemented, “Move the Date, Keep the Rate”, as outlined below:
- Guests may change the date of their current booking for a future travel date between now and December 22nd, 2020. If the rate of the new resort is lower, the client would be entitled to a refund. Alternatively, if the client wishes to change brands, they would be responsible for any price increases.
- Additionally, guests have the option to change to another AMResorts® property within the same brand, in a different destination with no additional fee or cancellation penalty. Travel to also be completed by December 22nd, 2020.
- AMResorts is unable protect rates outside of the AMResorts portfolio and will not pay for airline change fees.
For any existing reservation or booking made between now and March 31, 2020, effective immediately AMResorts® cancellation penalty will be 24 hours for FIT bookings, and 72 hours for social groups.
In the event a guest must return home quickly due to a “no travel restriction” being implemented by their country of residence, AMResorts will allow early departures with no penalty.
Don't miss a single travel story: subscribe to PAX today!