Club Med recently developed “Safe Together” –new hygiene and safety protocols that will be implemented in all of the brand’s international resorts, including their resorts in Florida, Mexico, and the Caribbean.
“We understand expectations on health and safety have shifted, and after a long period of social distancing travelers will want to revisit places, they are familiar with and trust,” said Carolyne Doyon, President and CEO of Club Med North America. “Club Med has a 70-year-long legacy delivering a thoughtful and safe vacation experience. As our resorts reopen, we will maintain the Club Med atmosphere which is an integral part of our DNA while also keeping safety & hygiene as our top priorities.”
Since 1950, Club Med has specialized in developing low-density resorts that are respectfully integrated in their surrounding environments, leaving plenty of area to practice social distancing.
Guests will feel at ease as they get outdoors and enjoy a relaxing vacation experience through Club Med’s trademark included amenities, from land and water sports to expert childcare and expansive dining options. While Club Med will be making modifications to ensure guests and employees remain safe, the beloved “Club Med spirit,” a pillar of the brand’s philosophy since its inception, will be as present as ever.
Club Med Sandpiper Bay in Port St. Lucie, FL will be the first of the North American resorts to welcome guests back to their favorite all-inclusive Floridian property on Friday, June 12th, 2020, with an updated Free Cancellation Policy to provide flexibility and peace of mind to anyone booking a Club Med stay up to December 2020.
General Hygiene/Cleanliness measures will include*:
- Operating at a maximum resort capacity of 65%
- Plexiglass protection on all service counters, including concierge and check-in
- Digital & in-app services such as “Easy Check-In”, Spa treatment booking and in-room service requests
- Staff wearing protective face coverings, while inside, preparing food, or cleaning
- Staff’s temperatures taken at the beginning of each work shift
- Guest’s temperature checks upon check-in and periodically during stay
- Increased frequency of deep cleaning for all high-touch-point public areas
- Hand sanitizer will be located throughout the resort
- Doctor/nurse available 24/7
- Increased opening hours for all dining locations, allowing for a lower occupancy
- Increased distance between tables, and more outdoor dining capacity
- Focus on single plated dishes and custom preparation, giving chefs more freedom to express their culinary creativity
- Children’s Clubs:
- Temperature check of each child twice a day;
- Hand washing for all children organized every hour
- Focus on outdoor activities
- Continued deep sanitization and disinfection of all equipment, toys and high touch-point areas after each use
- Activities & Experience:
- Fan favorite sports, including tennis, golf, kayaking, yoga, sailing, flying trapeze etc. will operate under a strict sanitization process including the cleaning of equipment between users.
- Yoga and fitness classes will be held outdoors.
- Evening entertainment programming will be made of smaller-scale events & leveraging Club Med’s prime outdoor spaces:
- Live concerts or DJ sets
- Acoustic music on the beach at sunset
- Acrobatic shows above the pool
- Family movie nights under stars
*The above information is applicable to Club Med resorts in Florida, Mexico, and the Caribbean.
For full details, visit www.clubmed.ca/safetogether.
Don't miss a single travel story: subscribe to PAX today!