Blue Diamond Resorts will be implementing Safety-Assured Vacations protocols at each of its 47 properties across the Caribbean, Central America and Mexico.
Advanced sanitation measures, new physical distancing guidelines, a 360º Clean Approach and an International Safety Assurance Team are in place to prioritize well-being across every area and touchpoint of Blue Diamond Resorts properties, the resort management company stated.
The new protocols will adhere to the guidelines of the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO), as well as the local and national Ministries of Health.
“As the countries which our resorts call home begin to re-open, we want to ensure our guests feel safe and cared for when choosing to stay at a Blue Diamond property,” said Jordi Pelfort, President of Hotels and Resorts at Sunwing Travel Group. “By heightening our industry-leading sanitation practices, we will continue to guarantee luxurious, relaxing and Safety-Assured Vacations for all of our valued guests.”
The Safety-Assured Vacations program includes:
- Safe Vacation Assurance: A Safety-Assurance Team is in position to ensure the adherence of all guidelines and comprehensive implementation of sanitation, physical distancing and cleaning protocols to protect guests and employees alike.
- 360º Clean Approach: All resort common areas including pools, beaches, restaurants, bars, entertainment facilities, lobbies, elevators, hallways and other shared spaces will be cleaned hourly. All high-touch surfaces, including general transportation units like golf carts and luggage trolleys, will continuously be sanitized throughout the day, plus fitness centre equipment and spa facilities will be sanitized after each use. Blue Diamond is also increasing the daily frequency of cleaning and disinfection procedures for air-conditioning systems of both common areas and guest rooms.
- Family-First Promise: A superior cleaning and disinfection program for kids and teens club’s facilities and equipment has been implemented, in addition to child-friendly signage and physical distancing measures to ensure a safe environment for little ones, tweens and teens.
- Advanced Dining Safety: All restaurants have reduced capacity and implemented a one-step reservation system to ensure physical distancing guidelines are respected. Further changes include removal of unnecessary items on tables to avoid cross-contamination, elimination of physical menus, the introduction of digital screens to display menu information and physical distancing guidelines at pool bars.
- Diamond Clean Guest Rooms: Each housekeeping team will thoroughly clean guest rooms from the inside out, with advanced-grade disinfection products to eliminate emerging viral pathogens. Each touchpoint in a guests’ room will be deep cleaned including remote controls, doorknobs, hairdryers, closet doors, thermostats, lamps, telephones, water faucets and toilet handles. All non-essential amenities will be removed and new in-room hygiene kits with personal-size hand sanitizers, masks, gloves and other safety essentials will be places in rooms. Room service procedures have been updated to ensure safe and distant delivery, as well as the process to replenish mini-fridges and other guest room items to limit additional entry.
- Physical Distancing and Protection: Signage and informative messages will be displayed throughout the common areas and in-room TVs to reinforce the importance of following recommendations. To maintain physical distancing protocols, floor markers will be placed around the resort’s common areas, the furniture will be rearranged in common areas, including restaurants, theatres, pool areas, beaches and lobbies. All indoor guest facilities will reduce the capacity to maintain a safe and enjoyable environment for both guests and employees. Hand sanitizer dispensers will be available throughout each resort to encourage guests to sanitize their hands regularly.
- Staff Care, Training and Awareness: All staff members are trained and empowered to keep safe, take care and be smart while delivering Safety-Assured Vacations. Strict hygiene protocols for resort staff will continue to be enforced, including a thorough cleaning and sanitation process at all staff entrances, the use of personal protective equipment (PPE), rigorous and frequent hand cleaning with an alcohol-based hand sanitizer, daily health and temperature checks at the beginning of every shift and the practicing of physical distancing rules.
- Clean Supplier Commitment: Blue Diamond has put into place agreements with various suppliers and partners to ensure they operate in accordance with the new regulations for the products or services which they provide.
Blue Diamond Resorts' portfolio includes Royalton Luxury Resorts, Hideaway at Royalton, CHIC by Royalton, Grand Lido Negril, Memories Resorts & Spa, Starfish Resorts, Planet Hollywood Hotels and Resorts and Mystique Resorts.
For more information on Blue Diamond’s Safety-Assured Vacations, click here.
Don't miss a single travel story: subscribe to PAX today!