Silversea is heading to the poles in 2019 with new adventures in both the Arctic and Antarctica.
The expedition itineraries, taking place in summer 2019 and winter 2019/2020, will “enable guests to travel deeper into the otherworldly landscapes of both Polar Regions, in ultimate comfort,” said Silversea.
Highlights for Arctic cruises in summer 2019 include:
- The rarely visited volcanic island of Jan Mayen, a haven for humpback and minke whales which feed in its waters, included on two 14-day Silver Cloud voyages, departing June 18 and July 22;
- A circumnavigation of Iceland aboard Silver Cloud departing Reykjavik on Aug. 5 on a nine-day roundtrip;
- Silversea's first crossing of the Northeast Passage, starting Aug. 10 on a 25-day journey to Tromsø aboard Silver Explorer.
Antarctica’s winter 2019-20 highlights include:
- A trio of new extended 12-day voyages to Antarctica will be operated by Silver Explorer, with departures on Dec. 5, Jan. 4 and Feb. 21;
- Both Christmas and the New Year can be celebrated during an 18-day holiday sailing aboard Silver Explorer, sailing roundtrip from Ushuaia on Dec. 17, 2019. Meanwhile, Silver Cloud's shorter 15-day holiday sailing to Antarctica, the Falkland Islands, and more, departs Dec. 20.
Antarctica - All-Inclusive Package
An all-inclusive Antarctica package is now available on new bookings through Nov. 30, 2018. The program includes free economy roundtrip air or business-class air upgrade for $1,499 USD each way for flights from select U.S. and Canadian gateways; free economy roundtrip air between Buenos Aires/Santiago and Ushuaia; free one-night, pre-cruise hotel stay; and free transfers between airport, hotel and ship.
Arctic Air Offer
An exclusive Arctic air promotion is now available on new bookings through Nov. 30, 2018. The savings program includes free economy roundtrip air, or reduced business-class air, for flights from select U.S. and Canadian gateways, plus free transfers between airport and ship.