Due to extension of the closure of cruise ports in regions around the world, both Princess Cruises and MSC Cruises have extended a suspension of their respective operations into the summer months.
Princess Cruises is extending its pause in cruise operations with respect to the following voyages:
- All cruises sailing in and out of Australia through mid-September on Sea Princess, Majestic Princess, Sun Princess and Sapphire Princess
- All cruises in and out of Vancouver and Seattle in September and October on Coral Princess, Emerald Princess, Grand Princess, Royal Princess, Ruby Princess and Star Princess
- Pacific and California Coast 7-day roundtrip cruises from San Francisco departing in September and October 2020 on Star Princess
- All roundtrip cruises from Keelung, Taiwan, departing August 2020 on Majestic Princess
Guests currently booked on these canceled voyages, who have paid Princess in full, will have the option to receive a refundable Future Cruise Credit (FCC) equivalent to 100 per cent of the cruise fare paid plus an additional non-refundable bonus FCC equal to 25% of the cruise fare (not applicable on charter voyages).
For guests who have not paid in full, Princess will Double the Deposit, providing a refundable FCC for the money currently on deposit plus a matching bonus FCC that can be used on any voyage through May 1, 2022. The matching bonus FCC is non-refundable, will not exceed the base cruise fare amount of the currently booked cruise and will have a minimum value of $100 per person.
For Sea Princess, Sun Princess, and Sapphire Princess May and June sailings a different offer was provided.
In order to receive the above FCC no action is required.
Alternatively, guests can request a full refund for all monies paid on their booking through this online form. Requests must be received by June 30, 2020, or guest will be registered for the Future Cruise Credit option.
Princess will protect travel advisor commissions on bookings for cancelled cruises that were paid in full, in recognition of the critical role they play in the cruise line’s business and success.
MSC's operations on hold
MSC Cruises announced that it will further extend the temporary fleet-wide halt of its cruise operations through July 31st, 2020.
MSC Cruises USA guests impacted by the July 11-July 31, 2020 cancelled cruises will automatically receive a 125% Future Cruise Credit of the original cruise fare paid by June 19 to be used on a sailing on or before December 31, 2021.
In addition, for all guests currently booked with MSC Cruises USA between Aug.1st through Oct. 31st, 2020, their bookings will now be eligible for Cruise Assurance, due to a new extension of the program, which will allow them to cancel their sailing up to 48 hours prior to departure and reschedule their cruise with a 100% Future Cruise Credit good for any ship and any itinerary on or before Dec. 31st, 2021.
MSC also reconfirmed its March – November 2021 program, which will include two new ships currently under construction and a series of new or enriched itineraries and homeports, including a new home for MSC Divina in Central Florida.
Below are key highlights of MSC Cruises Spring-Summer-Fall 2021 program, which features all 17 vessels currently part of the Company’s fleet as well as the two new ships currently still under construction, MSC Virtuosa and MSC Seashore, for a total of 19.
MSC Cruises’ program offers guests choice and flexibility, with something for everyone to book with confidence.
- A cruise length to suit every style from short-cruises of 3- or 4-nights, standard 7-night cruises to longer cruises of 9-, 11- and 14-nights
- With 19 ships to choose from, guests can opt for more classic, charming ships to larger and modern ships with an abundance of outdoor space
- An unparalleled number of embarkation ports so that guests can find the one that is most convenient for them
For additional details and detailed updates, guests should contact their travel advisor or visit MSC Cruises’ website www.msccruises.com.
Don't miss a single travel story: subscribe to PAX today!