Norwegian Cruise Line has announced the completed refurbishments of three ships, Norwegian Breakaway, Norwegian Sun and Norwegian Star.
The revitalized ships now feature new designs and venues including Los Lobos Cantina, an upscale Mexican restaurant; the adults-only enclave, Spice H2O; and Syd Norman’s Pour House – an American rock ‘n’ roll bar and lounge, which makes its debut aboard Norwegian Breakaway.
“What a year this has been for us at Norwegian Cruise Line,” said Andy Stuart, the brand’s president and chief executive officer. “Not only did we introduce our latest and record-breaking ship, Norwegian Bliss, and announce the redeployment of her sister ship Norwegian Joy, but we are now unveiling our newly revitalized ships, Norwegian Breakaway, Sun and Star. This is a testament to how invested we are in our guests’ experience. Although we are one of the youngest fleets in the industry, we are very committed to The Norwegian Edge program which allows us to remain consistent, relevant and exciting.”
Check out what's new onboard the Breakaway, Sun, and Star:
- Built in 2013
- New American rock ‘n’ roll bar and lounge Syd Norman’s Pour House
- Upgraded accommodations, public spaces and more
- Vintage décor, diner-style seating and a playlist of classic rock from the late 1960’s to 1980’s are featured.
- Three times a week, cast members from “Rock of Ages” will treat guests to specialty cocktails named after rock ‘n’ roll classics such as “The Witchy Woman” among others in the interactive Syd Norman’s Experience.
- A five-person band playing classics will be featured six nights a week.
- Enhancements to Bliss Ultra Lounge with new furniture
- New carpet in all 2,014 staterooms and suites, elevators, lobbies, and staircases.
- A full transformation of the gift shop.
- Built in 2001
- Three-week bow-to-stern renovation in Victoria, BC.
- Refreshed staterooms and public spaces; three new venues including Los Lobos Cantina, Bliss Ultra Lounge and Spinnaker Lounge.
- Bliss Ultra Lounge, formerly Dazzles, is the new bar and nightclub. Enhancements include an updated look with new plush seating, cocktail tables, bar stools, chandeliers, wall sconces, wall coverings, ornamental ceilings and a wooden dance floor.
- The Spinnaker Lounge replaces the Observation Lounge. New to the venue are leather chairs, carpet, chandeliers, wall coverings and a stone top bar.
- All 968 staterooms were upgraded with smart televisions and USB ports as well as new carpet, artwork and select furniture.
- The renovations also touched dining outlets and public spaces including Cagney’s, La Cucina, Le Bistro, Teppanyaki, the Mandara Spa, Stardust Lounge Theater, Splash Academy and more.
- Built in 2001
- Norwegian Star underwent extensive enhancements to its staterooms, public spaces, restaurants, bars and lounges, and three new venues: Sky High Bar, Bliss Ultra Lounge and Spice H2O.
- Sky High Bar showcases a new design complete with an updated bar and seating for close to 120 guests.
- Replacing Bier Garten, the outdoor bar and lounge offers the best views on board. Bliss Ultra Lounge replaces Spinnaker Lounge for late-night entertainment.
- Adults-only enclave, Spice H2O which features a private pool, hot tubs, full bar and uninterrupted ocean views.
- All 1,174 staterooms and suites were outfitted with USB ports, enhanced with over 1,500 works of art and upgraded with new carpet, headboards and select furniture.
- The three-bedroom garden villas which feature private deck areas and can accommodate up to seven people were also remodeled to offer a light and airy design.
- Additional enhancements were made to the bars and lounges, restaurants and public spaces including Atrium Café & Bar, Garden Café and the main dining rooms.
- A VIP section was also added in the casino.