On Nov. 9, MSC Cruises christened the MSC Grandiosa, its newest, most environmentally-advanced flagship, in the city of Hamburg, Germany.
READ MORE: MSC Cruises releases new photos of Ocean Cay
The cruise line’s largest and longest christening event ever, this was part of MSC Grandiosa’s series of celebrations over 27 days, eight countries and 11 ports.
Following the Christening, MSC Grandiosa will embark on a grand tour, visiting Southampton, UK; Lisbon, Portugal; Barcelona, Spain; Marseille, France and Genoa, Italy. Then MSC Grandiosa will commence her usual seven-night cruises starting November 23.
Designed to ensure even cleaner air emissions and improved overall environmental performance both at sea and ashore, MSC Grandiosa is equipped with advanced cutting-edge technologies and sets a new standard for sustainability at sea.
On board, guests of all ages and interests will find something exciting waiting, including:
- Two original new shows from Cirque du Soleil at Sea exclusive to MSC Cruises guests
- A 305-ft.-long Mediterranean Promenade lined with international shops and restaurants
- An immersive art experience featuring etchings from Edgar Degas’ Danse Dessin series
- Dedicated children’s areas designed in partnership with Chicco and LEGO
- The world’s first virtual digital cruise assistant – ZOE – in every stateroom
MSC Grandiosa will begin regular seven-night cruises in the Western Mediterranean starting November 23 with six embarkation ports calling Genoa, Civitavecchia, Italy; Palermo, Sicily; Valetta, Malta; Barcelona, Spain; and Marseille, France.
Don't miss a single travel story: subscribe to PAX today!