MSC Cruises has unveiled the details of its program for the Summer 2022 season, at the same time as it has opened its sales for the Caribbean and the Mediterranean (and soon those for Northern Europe).
Some 19 ships will offer 83 routes (124 ports of call, 47 countries) during this season, which will stretch from April to November 2022. No less than ten ships will be deployed in the Mediterranean, but MSC will also offer cruises in the Caribbean from Miami and Port Canaveral. Five ships will spend the summer in Northern Europe.
Western Mediterranean: five ships offering 7-night cruises
The Western Mediterranean is one of the most popular summer cruising regions and MSC Cruises offers a combination of itineraries visiting Italy, France, Spain and Malta, with several easily accessible ports of embarkation. from all over the world.
Each of the Western Mediterranean vessels features the MSC Yacht Club, the company's unique “ship within a ship” concept for those seeking exclusivity and privacy.
- The MSC Seaside offers Saturday departures from Genoa to Civitavecchia, Palermo, Cagliari, Palma, Valencia and Marseille;
- the MSC Splendida leaves Genoa on Saturdays, to Marseille, Barcelona, Ibiza, Naples and Livorno;
- the MSC Seaview will depart from Genoa each Sunday to offer a route to Naples, Messina, Valletta, Barcelona and Marseille;
- the MSC Fantasia offers itineraries from Genoa on Sunday in Marseille, Barcelona, La Goulette, Palermo and Civitavecchia;
- the MSC Meraviglia from Barcelona on Saturday, sailing to Cannes, Genoa, La Spezia, Civitavecchia and Palma de Mallorca.
Eastern Mediterranean: five ships offering 7-night cruises
The Eastern Mediterranean has grown in popularity in recent years and MSC Cruises' summer 2022 program offers the best that this part of the world has to offer, including Italy, the Greek Islands, Croatia and Albania, while sailing on the Adriatic and the Aegean Sea.
- MSC Musica will offer cruises from Venice to Bari on Saturday, Santorini, Chania, Corfu and Dubrovnik;
- MSC Armonia offers to sail on Sunday from Venice to Brindisi, Mykonos, Piraeus, Corfu etKotor;
- MSC Lirica leaves Venice with cruises to Split, Santorini and Mykonos, Dubrovnik and Ancona;
- MSC Sinfonia hand Saturday in Venice, stop doing in Kotor in Montenegro, the Greek islands of Mykonos and Santorini, and Sarande and Bari;
- MSC Opera , from its home port of Trieste, will sail on Saturday to Bari, Corfu, Kotor, Dubrovnik and Split.
Sales are now open for MSC Musica, MSC Lirica and MSC Sinfonia, while sales for MSC Armonia and MSC Opera will open soon.
Caribbean: two ships with two convenient home ports in the United States
Departing from Miami and Port Canaveral, two MSC Cruises ships will call at Ocean Cay MSC Marine Reserve, the company's private island destination, in the Bahamas.
- MSC Seashore , the flagship of the company, from its home port in Miami, will offer two alternative routes to the Eastern or Western Caribbean every two weeks, always with a stopover at Ocean Cay ;
- MSC Divina will be home Port Canaveral and sail to Ocean Cay and Nassau, with 2, 3 or 4 night cruises, and Ocean Cay and Mexico with 7 night cruises. MSC Divina will also be offering a stunning 12-night cruise early in the summer season, embarking in Miami, visiting Jamaica, Aruba, Colombia, Panama, Costa Rica, Honduras, Ocean Cay and Port Canaveral.
Autumn 2022: long special cruises from Genoa
These special cruises will be available in the coming months.
- MSC Splendida offers 9 nights of the Mediterranean Sea to the Atlantic Ocean (Genoa, Malaga, Casablanca, Lisbon, Barcelona and Marseille);
- MSC Poesia offers 11 nights (Genoa, Canary Islands, Madeira and Casablanca);
- MSC Orchestra offers a new 11-night itinerary from Genoa to Greece and Turkey (MSC returning to Istanbul with an extended stay in port);
- MSC Lirica offers four cruises of 11 nights from Genoa, stop doing in Rome, Limassol in Cyprus with an overnight stay in Haifa for two days to visit the Holy Land: Bethlehem, Nazareth and Jerusalem and on the way home calling Crete and Olympia.
Northern Europe: five ships offering cruises from 2 nights to 21 nights
These cruises will soon be available for booking:
- MSC Grandiosa spend his first season in Northern Europe by offering two alternative routes every two weeks from Kiel on Saturday and Copenhagen on Sunday (7 nights towards the Baltic capital and 7 nights to the fjords);
- MSC Poesia : the port of Warnemuende offer cruises of 7 to 21 nights, visiting the Baltic capitals, Norway and Greenland;
- MSC Orchestra will offer mixed cruises of 10 to 14 nights from Hamburg to Iceland, Ireland, the North Cape and Spitsbergen;
- MSC Preziosa will serve two Alternative routes Kiel on Sunday to the Baltic capitals and fjords;
- MSC Magnifica will be based in Southampton and will offer cruises from 2 to 14 nights to various destinations, including the Baltic capitals, fjords and the Mediterranean and the Canary Islands.
Asia: two ships will be deployed for the first time
Summer 2022 will see MSC Cruises deploy two ships to this region for the first time. MSC Virtuosa , one of the newest ships of the company, joining its twin, MSC Bellissima. Detailed itineraries of the two vessels will be published later.
Don't miss a single travel story: subscribe to PAX today