MSC Cruises Canada has announced the launch of its winter 2022-2023 ‘Fly&Cruise’ packages to the Caribbean aboard MSC Seaside to help make cruising easier for Canadians planning an upcoming vacation.
Offering the added luxury that Canadians value, the ‘Fly&Cruise’ program provides a complete travel solution with flights on Air Transat including one checked bag, MSC arranged transfers between the airport and MSC ports in Miami, and a choice of cabin type including the MSC Yacht Club.
MSC Cruises will offer these packages with a dedicated charter flight from Montreal's Trudeau International Airport (YUL) every Saturday to Fort de France, Martinique, and Sunday to Fort Lauderdale, Florida and Pointe-à-Pitre, Guadeloupe, with an allocation of seats available each week, starting December 22, 2022.
"We are thrilled to continue providing Canadian travellers with one-stop shop travel solutions,” said Ian Patterson, Country Manager, MSC Cruises Canada. “The ‘Fly&Cruise’ program is catered to Canadian cruisers, taking care of them from the time they arrive at the airport until they reach their desired destination; with exciting, exclusive new shore excursions as an extended option.”
MSC Seaside will be based in Martinique and Guadeloupe and will operate two 7-night cruise itineraries.
Two different itineraries
Itinerary 1: Antilles Windward Islands - Departs from the port of Fort de France, Martinique’s capital, and call at Pointe-à-Pitre (Guadeloupe), Castries (Saint Lucia), Bridgetown (Barbados) Saint George (Grenada) and Kingstown (St. Vincent & The Grenadines) before returning to Martinique.
Itinerary 2: Antilles Leeward Islands - Departs from the port of Pointe-à-Pitre (Guadeloupe) and call at Philipsburg (St. Maarten), St. John’s (Antigua and Barbuda), Basseterre (St. Kitts & Nevis), Roseau (Dominica) and Fort de France (Martinique) before returning to Guadeloupe.
Itinerary 1: Western Caribbean – Departs from Miami (Florida), heads to the beautiful Ocean Cay MSC Marine Reserve (Bahamas), then to Cozumel (Mexico), George Town (Cayman Islands), Ocho Rios (Jamaica), before returning to Miami.
Itinerary 2: Eastern Caribbean – Departs from Miami (Florida), then heads to the beautiful Ocean Cay MSC Marine Reserve (Bahamas), then to Nassau (Bahamas), San Juan (Puerto Rico), Puerto Plata (Dominican Republic), before returning to Miami.
“Our Fly&Cruise packages make these new itineraries even more accessible and provide the added comfort our Canadian guests are looking for, so they can cruise with confidence with the support of our industry-leading health and safety protocols,” Ian added.
For more on MSC Cruises’ Canadian Fly&Cruise itineraries, visit HERE.
MSC Seaside offers 2026 cabins, 9 restaurants, 19 bars and lounges, the MSC Aurea Spa and a four-deck glass atrium to take in the panoramic vistas and enjoy live entertainment. For more information about the ship click here.
Extensive choice of excursions
MSC Cruises recently announced more than 200 shore excursions available for Canadian guests sailing in the Caribbean this summer season, totalling more than 1,390 different shore excursions globally as part of its Shorex Program.
Something offered for every kind of traveller - from families with young children, solo travellers and those wanting to conquer their bucket list. Included in the 200+ options Caribbean options include extended stays ashore or shorter half-day options; so, Canadians can choose the right excursion to meet their needs.
MSC’s Protectours, the line’s sustainability tour program includes electric and hybrid shore transportation that will be introduced this summer.
Canadians can also receive a 20 per cent price reduction by booking an MSC Shore Excursion prior to departure.
More tan 20 excursions available on the private OCEAN CAY MSC MARINE RESERVE (The Bahamas):
- Shipwreck snorkelling getaway: Guided by professional snorkel instructors, guests can experience colorful and exotic marine life in one of the best snorkel sites in the area.
- Ocean Cay Beach Cabana: This all-day rental is the ultimate relaxation with the comfort of guests’ very own cabana, perfect for enjoy sunbathing and sea.
- Ocean Cay lighthouse climb: Ascend the island’s iconic lighthouse and take in 360-degree views of the island, nearby cays’, Lighthouse Bay and of course, the cruise ship, guests will journey up three levels and 165 steps to the top of the lighthouse, reaching the highest point on the cay. Along the way, the guide will share insightful facts and figures on the incredible transformation of Ocean Cay from an industrial site to Bahamian paradise.
- PROTECTOURS – Nassau (The Bahamas) – Eco-nature walking tour into the luscious flora, fauna and marine life found on stunning, private Blue Lagoon Island. In addition to the beaches and gin-clear water, guests can explore stingrays, sharks, dolphins, sea lions.
- Savor San Juan’s (Puerto Rico) culinary delights provides an escape through Puerto Rican flavours with colourful surprises for all taste buds: from the Chocobar Cortés (a chocolatier created in 1929), artisanal gelato, refreshing cocktails to La Casita de Rones – the official bar and distributor of Rums of Puerto Rico. Guests also receive lessons on the authentic Puerto Rican rum.
- Costa Maya - Kohunlich Mayan Ruins (Mexico) situated on the Yucatán Peninsula and one of Mexico’s absolute must-sees is the archaeological site of Kohunlich, a city built by the Mayans between approx. A.D. 250 and A.D. 600. Travelling in time, guests discover the sunken palace, acropolis, and other incredible courtyards in this sacred site.
To find out more, visit HERE.