Royal Caribbean International passengers have something to look forward to: the private island of CocoCay in the Bahamas is now available for booking through an excursion called 'Perfect Day at CocoCay' for stays planned from May 2019.
PAX spoke to Éric St-Pierre, national accounts manager for Canada, to become more familiar with the island's facilities and the prices of each of the activities that will be offered.
An RCI first
This is the first destination to take advantage of this concept, but according to St-Pierre, it will not be the last. Royal Caribbean has plans to implement its "Perfect Day" concept to other places in the world.
"We are very excited because it has been several years since the product exists at Royal Caribbean," St-Pierre said. "We really want to bring it to a higher level. We even built a wharf to provide better accessibility to our ships. And our studies have been a perfect demonstration of what our passengers wanted: a typically Caribbean beach experience, significant dining options, calm and tranquility, and exciting activities. That's where the Perfect Day at CocoCay concept was born."
The activities and areas will be progressively inaugurated from September 2018 to the fall of 2019 and will accommodate 6,500 people at a time.
Specifically, CocoCay will first have a terminal that streamlines the process of boarding and disembarking.
Passengers will quickly be able to enjoy the incredible facilities, including the water park with the highest water slide in North America, Daredevil's Peak, which reaches 135 feet.
"You know Royal Caribbean, as long as you do something, you do it big," St-Pierre said.
Free ammenities at CocoCay
Deck chairs will be free at CocoCay, as will be the food on board the ship, along with at several restaurants in CocoCay. The drink package on the ship will also be included on CocoCay.
"We operate on the island according to the purest Royal Caribbean standards," St-Pierre said.
Here's what's included:
- Access to Oasis Lagoon, the largest freshwater pool in the Caribbean
- A Splashaway Bay Water Playground
- Sports fields
- Access to the maintained beaches of Chill Island and South Beach with beach chairs
- Access to five restaurants
What you pay for at CocoCay
The following services require payment in order to better regulate the queues and ensure the quality of the experience at destination (prices vary depending on the season).
Check out the Cruise Planner to know the exact prices of each departure.
- Private Cabana on stilts for eight people (includes admission to Coco Beach Club): $1,599
- Admission to Coco Beach Club (includes private beach, infinity pool, restaurant, beach chairs and towels): $54-$99 per adult, $34-$69 per child between 4 and 12 years old
- Cabana in public area: $299-$569
- Thrill Water Park (includes 13 slides, wave pool, restaurant, beach chairs and towels): Free for children under three, $44-$99 per person for the full day or $39-$74 for a half day
- 1,600-foot zip line: $79-$139 one way
- Tyrolean Combo and Water Park: $99-$179
- Hot Air Balloon Up, Up and Away 450 feet in the air: $39-$99 per passenger 13 years and over, $24-$64 for children between 4 and 12 years old
- Snorkeling equipment rental: $39 per adult; $29 for children
- Umbrella rental (various prices)
- Water sports equipment rental (various prices)
CocoCay: in pictures