Luxury cruise line Cunard announced that it will spend a full season in Alaska from June through September in 2020 on newly-refit Queen Elizabeth. Cunard is making its grand return to Alaska in May 2019 – and due to high demand, the line will double their program in 2020.
This expanded program will offer 10 roundtrip voyages out of Vancouver ranging from nine to twelve nights and one getaway cruise to San Francisco for an overnight stay on Independence Day. Guests will have the opportunity to see Alaska with the iconic experience of sailing on a Cunard ship.
"We are so excited to offer an extended season in Alaska on Queen Elizabeth in 2020," said Josh Leibowitz, SVP Cunard North America. "Due to strong demand and passenger feedback, Cunard has more than doubled its voyages in Alaska, visiting the most incredible cities with longer time in port to enjoy this inspiring destination."
Overview of available voyages
Each Alaska voyage will feature fascinating destinations along the Pacific Northwest coast of Alaska and British Columbia with longer time in port including Skagway, Juneau, Ketchikan, Sitka and more. In addition, the voyages offer awe-inspiring scenic cruising in the narrow waterways of the Inside Passage, the Hubbard Glacier and Sawyer Glacier's twin fjords, Tracy Arm and Endicott Arm.
Passengers have the opportunity to combine voyages together, including the Alaska roundtrips, Independence Day cruise and the North Pacific Crossings from Yokohama or to Tokyo. These 2020 voyages include:
- Alaska Voyage, roundtrip from Vancouver, 10 nights from June 2-12, 2019 (Q017), fares starting at $1,599
- Independence Day Celebration, Vancouver to San Francisco with an overnight in port, 3 nights from July 2-5(Q020A), fares starting at $599
- San Francisco to Vancouver, 16 nights from July 5-21 (Q020D), fares starting at $2,659
- Vancouver to Tokyo, 29 nights from August 29-September 28 (Q026A), fares starting at $4,459
Cunard continues its partnership with Rocky Mountaineer, offering pre- and post-cruise tours that include three- to five-nights' accommodation, plus two full days aboard the train.
Guests will also be able to take advantage of the three-night pre-cruise tour Vancouver and Whistler Highlights, taking in the best of Vancouver including Grouse Mountain and Stanley Park, and a full day in Whistler and Shannon Falls via the Sea-to-Sky Corridor.
Early booking benefits
Guests who book launch fares in Britannia accommodations on voyages seven nights or longer by February 28, 2019 will receive free Onboard Credit up to $600 per stateroom, and third and fourth guests in the same stateroom will pay only $100 per person.
Grill Suite guests who book voyages seven nights or longer by February 28, 2019 will receive:
- Free Onboard Credit up to $2,000 per stateroom†
- Free Drinks Package♦
- Free Gratuities‡
- Third and Fourth guests in the same stateroom pay only $500 per person^
Detailed information about promo code ZED/ZEB and disclaimers about these benefits can be found here.
World Club Member Early Booking Savings
World Club members will benefit from an additional 5% discount off launch fares, available for past guests only, applicable on all cruises until April 30, 2019. This discount is not applicable to third and fourth berth guests.
Cunard is offering Value Fares featuring:
- Up to 20% off Launch Fares††
- 3rd and 4th guests receive up to 50% off the Value Fares double occupancy rates
- Reduced Non-Refundable and Non-Transferable Deposit (12.5% of the cruise fare instead of 25%)^^
- Cunard Care is available for bookings with Value Fares
Fares are capacity controlled, subject to change, and may not be combined with any other public, group or past guest discount. Schedule of final payments and cancellation fees will follow the standard terms and conditions. Cabin assignment and dining options are not available for guests booking Value Fares. Guests will be booked on a Guarantee status. Value Fares are not available in the Grills.