Carnival Freedom has undergone a multi-million-dollar renovation to add a variety of exciting experiences, including an expansive new WaterWorks aqua park, enhanced dining options such as a re-branded Deli and Bonsai Sushi Express, expanded retail spaces, a new miniature golf course and more.
Part of the line’s industry-leading two billion ship enhancement program that has added popular Fun Ship 2.0 innovations across the fleet, the updated spaces were added during a three-week dry dock that took place in Freeport, The Bahamas.
Fun for all
The new and enhanced experiences include:
- WaterWorks: Featuring a 203-foot-long AquaTunnel slide and Carnival’s signature 212-foot-long Twister slide along with a 75-gallon PowerDrencher tipping bucket and SplashZone area for kids.
- Bonsai Express: the success of the full-service Bonsai Sushi restaurants has spawned this casual spot, featuring a mouth-watering array of sushi, sashimi, rolls and more.
- Expanded Retail Spaces: a mall-style shopping area lined with retail outlets offering fine jewelry, watches, fragrances, and more along with the line’s own branded spaces including the all-new Carnival Adventures shop. The new shop offers everything guests need to maximize their fun on board and ashore, from snorkel gear and swim fins to sunscreen and waterproof backpacks.
- Mini-Golf Course: A nine-hole miniature golf course has been relocated to Deck 11, providing a fun and relaxing pastime for families to enjoy in the fresh sea air.
- Re-Branded Deli: Located on Deck 9, the newly expanded Deli offers a tantalizing menu of piled-high sandwiches, paninis and traditional sides.
Family-friendly options include Seuss at Sea operated exclusively with Dr. Seuss Enterprises that includes the Green Eggs and Ham Breakfast with The Cat in The Hat and Friends and an all-ages reading venue called Dr. Seuss Bookville, along with fun supervised programming for kids ages two to 17.
Following the dry dock, Carnival Freedom resumed its year-round schedule of six- and seven-day Caribbean cruises from Galveston that visit top destinations in Jamaica, Mexico, Belize and Grand Cayman.
Don't miss a single travel story: subscribe to PAX today!