Pax Global Media
Atlas Ocean Voyages says 18 expeditions for World Voyager are now open for reservations, the third vessel in the line’s Explorer Class expedition fleet.
The 198-guest expedition yacht, sister ship to Atlas Ocean Voyages World Traveller and World Navigator, begins sailing in Antarctica on Nov. 8, 2023.
Noteworthy highlights of a visit to the White Continent include Deception Island, a volcanic caldera where explorers have been known to swim in the steam-heated waters; spectacular Paradise Harbor, dotted with floating icebergs; majestic Lemaire Channel; and the Gentoo rookery at Port Lockroy, crowned by soaring mountains.
“The addition of World Voyager to the Atlas Ocean Voyages fleet provides intrepid travelers even more opportunities to explore the continent beginning this fall,” said James Rodriguez, president and CEO of Atlas Ocean Voyages. “Deploying three ships to the region is a testament to demand for cruising Antarctica, and we look forward to even more of our guests exploring from the comfort of an expedition yacht.”
New expeditions include:
- Four 9-night expeditions departing roundtrip from Ushuaia, Argentina, will cross the Drake Passage to the Antarctic Circle, the Shetland Islands, and include multiple landings along the peninsula. Departure dates include November 8, 28, 2023; February 27, and March 18, 2024.
- Six additional 11-night expeditions from Ushuaia, Argentina, will be featured with extended immersions and multiple landings around the peninsula; departures include November 17, 2023; January 14, 25; February 5, 16; and Mar 7, 2024.
Atlas Ocean Voyages will now include a Fly and Sail Expeditions option for the first time.
This offering includes air departures from Punta Arenas, Chile, expediting the Drake Passage crossing with direct charter flights to Chile's Eduardo Frei Montalva air base on King George Island, Antarctica, along with included 1-night pre- and post-hotel night stays on all voyages departing or returning to Punta Arenas, Chile.
- Two five-day round-trip expeditions from King George Island include charter flights from Punta Arenas to the Antarctic Circle and feature passage through the famed Lumiere Channel; expected landings include the Shetland Islands, Useful Point, Wilhelmina Bay, the Yalour Islands. Departures include December 14, 2023, and January 2, 2024.
- Four one-way seven-night Drake expeditions from King George Island or Ushuaia, Argentina, complement the roundtrip King George Island departures. The one-way expeditions departing December 7, 19, 26, 2023, or January 7, 2024, include charter flights from Punta Arenas to King George Island and Buenos Aires to Ushuaia. Plus, guests will receive a complimentary pre-cruise hotel night on all expeditions and a post-cruise hotel night on all journeys ending in Punta Arenas.
- Two Extended Journeys departing on December 7 and 26, 2023, round out the collection. These two voyages offer a combination of 3 segments for a 19-day comprehensive immersion on the Antarctica peninsula.
Don't miss a single travel story: subscribe to PAX today! Click here to follow PAX on Facebook.