Amawaterways' 2021 sailings are now open for reservations, with added rewards for those who book early. The company will welcome a new state-of-the-art ship, four new exciting itineraries and new pre- and post-cruise land programs in some of Europe’s most sought-after destinations.
“We couldn’t be more excited to unveil all of the new offerings we have for 2021,” said Kristin Karst, executive vice president and co-founder of AmaWaterways. “France is in the spotlight and as godmother of AmaKristina, I am thrilled to see her moving over to the Rhône to join AmaCello who will take on a new itinerary exploring both the Burgundy and Provence regions. We have also added more lower Danube cruises and new land programs to Geneva and Lake Como – all designed to please our loyal repeat guests and attract discerning travelers looking for unique experiences!”
Joining AmaWaterways’ flourishing European fleet, the new 156-passenger AmaLucia, sister ship to AmaSiena (2020), will feature signature twin balconies, connecting staterooms and multiple dining venues including The Chef’s Table, among other luxurious amenities.
Celebrating spring in the Netherlands and Belgium, AmaLucia begins her journey March 16, 2021 sailing a series of Tulip Time cruises before setting sail on the Danube, Rhine, Main and Moselle rivers.
In response to the growing demand for more French itineraries, AmaWaterways announced the repositioning of three ships – besides the AmaKristina moving to the Rhône, AmaDante will join AmaLyra on the Seine and AmaCello will sail a new itinerary on both the Rhône and Saône rivers. Lastly, AmaBella and AmaVerde will rejoin AmaWaterways’ European fleet sailing the Dutch & Belgian Waterways and the Danube.
New options and itineraries
In 2021, AmaWaterways will debut four new seven-night cruise itineraries – all complemented by enriching pre- or post-cruise land programs:
- Impressions of the Seine & Paris sailing on board AmaDante from Paris to Le Havre (or reverse) will take guests through the best of Northern France including idyllic towns, beautiful gardens and Normandy’s historical hubs.
- Land options: Pre-cruise: Two nights in Paris / Post-cruise: Three nights in St. Malo with a visit to the island monastery of Mont St. Michel and one night in Paris, France
- Essence of Burgundy & Provence sailing on board AmaCello from Chalon-sur-Saône to Arles (or reverse) is sure to awaken all of guests’ senses with visits to romantic cities and artistic epicenters, along with experiences such as learning to cook French food in Valence at a culinary school.
- Land options: Pre-cruise: Three nights in Geneva, Switzerland / Post-cruise: Three in nights in Barcelona, Spain
- Rhine Castles & Swiss Alps sailing on board AmaMora and AmaSerena from Amsterdam to Basel (or reverse) will enchant guests with vineyard-clad hills, charming villages and castles strung like pearls along the banks of the Rhine river.
- Land options: Pre-cruise: Two nights in Amsterdam, Netherlands / Post-cruise: Three nights in Lake Como, Italy
- Best of Holland & Belgium sailing on board the AmaSerena round-trip from Amsterdam will provide history buffs with a close-up look at the region’s rich historical past with visits to Utrecht and Dordrecht, Holland’s oldest city.
- Land options: Pre and Post-cruise: Two nights in Amsterdam, Netherlands
In addition, AmaWaterways will further enhance its pre- and post-cruise experiences with a new land extension in the Champagne region of France where guests can visit acclaimed vineyards and savor tastings of Veuve Clicquot and Moet et Chandon. This land program will be available as an add-on to Europe’s Rivers & Castles, Rhine & Moselle Splendors and Vineyards of the Rhine & Moselle itineraries.
For more information, travel agents can visit www.amawaterways.ca.
Don't miss a single travel story: subscribe to PAX today!