Uber is rolling out its airport reservation service to more locations, expanding globally, as more folks take to the skies.
The service allows you to push a button and plan your pickup from the airport.
On Thursday (June 16), it became available at 55 airports throughout the world, including two airports in Canada: Vancouver (YVR) and Montreal (YUL).
In a statement, the company said “we’re focused on helping get people where they need to be as efficiently and safely as possible.”
Smoother & simpler travel
“Reserve at Airports” aims to make airport travel smoother and simpler, the company said.
The service includes:
- Early booking: you can book your ride up to 30 days in advance so you know you’re set once you land.
- Flight tracking: The integration automatically adjusts your reservation time based on flight information to ensure your driver is ready and waiting at the airport when your flight lands, whether it’s on time, early or delayed.
- 60 minutes of wait time: If you aren’t ready to get in your ride the moment you land, your driver will wait up to 60 minutes at no additional charge.
- Convenient pickup: Your ride will conveniently wait for you at the designated pickup area for Uber so you can step off the plane and into your ride.
Reserve at Airports is available for Uber Premier, Uber Premier SUV, Uber Black and Uber Black SUV at the following airports (the airports in bold are where Reserve at Airports is newly available):
- Montreal (YUL), Vancouver (YVR),
- Atlanta (ATL), Austin (AUS), Burbank (BUR), Charleston (CHS), Charlotte (CLT), Chicago (ORD + MDW), Dallas (DFW + DAL), Denver (DEN), Fort Myers (RSW), Houston (IAH + HOU), Indianapolis (IND), Jacksonville (JAX), Las Vegas (LAS), Los Angeles (LAX), Miami (MIA + FLL + PBI), Minneapolis - St. Paul (MSP), Milwaukee (MKE), Nashville (BNA), New Orleans (MSY), New York (JFK + LGA), Oakland (OAK), Orange County (SNA), Orlando (MCO), Philadelphia (PHL), Phoenix (PHX), San Antonio (SAT), San Diego (SAN), San Francisco (SFO), San Jose (SJC), Seattle (SEA), Tampa Bay (TPA), Washington DC (DCA + IAD)
- Bologna (BLQ), Cape Town (CPT), Johannesburg (JNB + HLA), Milan (LIN + MXP), Nice (NCE), Paris (CDG), Rome (CIA + FCO)
Uber originally launched its Reserve option back in 2020 to help customers "meet those moments that call for more assurance."