Aeroplan has announced that members can now earn and redeem points by enjoying their favourite Starbucks beverages and snacks.
Starting March 8, members can link their Aeroplan account to a Starbucks Rewards account and double-dip by earning both Aeroplan points and Starbucks Stars at participating Starbucks locations throughout Canada.
Linking takes less than a minute and can be done at aircanada.com/starbucks.
"We redesigned Aeroplan with the feedback and ideas of over 36,000 people. Consistently across this group, members told us that they wanted more opportunities to earn and redeem points in their everyday lives at their favourite brands. We're proud to launch this first-of-its-kind partnership with Starbucks, a globally respected brand offering the best-in-class experience for all its customers," said Mark Nasr, senior vice-president, products, marketing and eCommerce at Air Canada.
"New everyday partnerships with well-loved, frequently used brands are another reason to get excited about the reimagined Aeroplan."
The Starbucks partnership is another example of Aeroplan's commitment to rewarding and recognizing all travellers—both frequent and occasional, Air Canada said.
In addition to launching the new partnership with Starbucks and other everyday marquee brands yet to be announced, Aeroplan will be introducing a series of "Aeroplan Ahead" offers throughout 2021.
These time-limited offers will give members special earning opportunities on the ground and at home, setting them up for future travel, whenever they're ready to get back in the skies.
How it works:
- Go to aircanada.com/starbucks to link your Aeroplan account with a Starbucks Rewards account.
- Start earning Aeroplan points for the following Starbucks Rewards activities.
- Earn 75 Aeroplan points each time you load or reload $50 up to $74.99 to your Starbucks Card.
- Earn 150 Aeroplan points each time you load or reload $75 or more to your Starbucks Card.
- Not yet a Starbucks Rewards member? Earn a one-time bonus of 400 Aeroplan points when you create a new Starbucks Rewards account, link it to your Aeroplan account and make your first purchase using the Starbucks app within one month of creating the Starbucks Rewards account. Visit aircanada.com/starbucks for full details.
To celebrate the launch, earn more Aeroplan points for the following limited time bonus Starbucks Rewards activities:
- Until June 6, 2021, earn 25 Aeroplan points when you make four or more qualifying transactions in a week. Visit aircanada.com/starbucks for full details.
- Earn 50 Aeroplan points every time you redeem at least 150 Stars two times or more in one calendar month until May 31, 2021. Visit aircanada.com/starbucks for full details.
In addition, linked members can purchase Starbucks Cards for a discounted number of points.
Redeem as little as 1,000 Aeroplan points for a $10 Starbucks Card at the Aeroplan eStore.
Until November 7, 2021, members who use their TD Aeroplan Visa card earn 50 percent more Aeroplan points for every $1 spent on eligible credit card purchases at participating Starbucks locations. Click here for more details.
For more information on the partnership, full details on the offers or to link an account, click here.
Don't miss a single travel story: subscribe to PAX today!