Following news that the Canadian government will begin easing border restrictions for fully vaccinated Canadians effective July 5, 2021 (at 11:59 p.m. EDT), Sunwing has announced it will be resuming partial service to select sun destinations from Toronto Pearson International Airport and Montréal-Trudeau International Airport starting on July 30, 2021.
“After a difficult year, we’re excited that Sunwing Airlines will be returning to the skies with initial service from two of our busiest gateways,” said Andrew Dawson, president of tour operations for Sunwing. “With vaccines rolling out across the country and borders reopening, we’re seeing a significant increase in demand for travel nationwide. We’re excited to be offering our customers frictionless vacation experiences under our wing and helping them return to the tropics safely and responsibly under our Safe with Sunwing commitment.”
The initial flight schedule from Toronto will be as follows:
- Between Toronto and Cancun, on Fridays and Sundays starting July 30, 2021 and on Saturdays starting August 21, 2021
- Between Toronto and Punta Cana, on Saturdays starting July 31, 2021 and on Fridays starting August 20, 2021
- Between Toronto and Varadero, on Mondays starting August 2, 2021
- Between Toronto and Montego Bay, on Sundays starting August 22, 2021
The initial flight schedule from Montreal will be as follows:
- Between Montreal and Cancun, on Fridays and Sundays starting July 30, 2021
- Between Montreal and Punta Cana, on Saturdays starting July 31, 2021
- Between Montreal and Varadero, on Mondays starting August 2, 2021
Additional flights and routes may be added in the coming weeks to reflect consumer demand.
Sun-seekers can also look forward to more gateways and destinations for the fall/winter season, with departures on board Sunwing Airlines from various Canadian cities beginning in October 2021.
Customers can travel with peace of mind knowing that the highest Canadian standards are in place throughout their entire vacation experience with the Safe with Sunwing commitment, developed under the advisement of global healthcare leader Medcan.
In addition, customers who book between now and July 5, 2021 will receive complimentary COVID-19 Emergency Medical Insurance for departures until October 31, 2021.
Sun-seekers who are looking forward to preparing for their return to paradise can visit Sunwing.ca for the latest deals, exclusive promotions and expert advice.
Don't miss a single travel story: subscribe to PAX today