To celebrate its recent appointment as public relations representative for Barbados Tourism Marketing Inc., Siren Communications hosted a private cocktail event last night at the Royal Canadian Yacht Club on Toronto Island.
The firm, which was also recently appointed by Air Canada Vacations, has long-standing links to the destination as it was one of its first accounts, plus Siren represents The Crane Resort as well.
In a short speech, Ann Layton, president of Siren, professed her love for the island, referring to it as her second home.
"We're so excited to be working with you," she said to Cheryl Carter, senior business development manager of the Barbados tourism office.
Also on hand for the event was Eamonn Ferrin, president and chief operating officer of Air Canada Vacations. According to Layton, Air Canada is now celebrating 65 years of offering connections to Barbados from Toronto.
News highlights & upcoming events:
- The Barbados Island Inclusive (BII) offer is available for a limited time, valid for bookings from Aug. 15 to Sept. 30, 2014, on travel up to Dec. 19, 2014. This provides Canadian travellers with “free spending money” based on their length of stay, which they can use at participating restaurants and attractions while on-island. If visitors stay a minimum of five nights, they will receive US$150 per person; and on stays of seven nights or longer, they will receive US$200 per person. Travel agents who books five (or more) travellers on the BII package will earn an island vacation, and the agent will also receive a spending voucher for US$150. Click here for the list of preferred partners and participating attractions and restaurants.
- Oct. 29 - Nov. 2: Barbados Swimming Festival: www.swimbarbadosvacations.com
- Nov. 1 - 2: Venus Williams tennis camp: Be a part of the two-day clinic with this tennis champion at the Sandy Lane Hotel. www.sandylane.com
- Nov. 13 -16: Barbados International PRO SURF FEST 2014: Witness the world renowned surfers compete for the largest grand prize yet. http://www.barbadossurfingassociation.org/index.php
- Nov. 20 – 24: Food & Wine and Rum Festival featuring Canadian Celebrity Chef Roger Mooking: Join the international epicurean event of the season to see the star-studded line-up of culinary masters. www.foodwinerum.com
- Dec. 5 – 7: Powerade Run Barbados Festival: Comprised of a 3k, 5k, 10k, Fun mile Run and Walk, a Half-Marathon and a Marathon. www.runbarbados.org
- Dec. 6 – 7: Christmas Jazz
- Dec. 11 – 14: Classical Pops Festival: Gather to hear conductors, adventurous soloists, and an all-star orchestra from world-leading symphonies, collaborate with pop stars in unique mixes. www.classicalpops.com
Photo: Eamonn Ferrin, president & COO, ACV; Ann Layton, president, Siren Communications; & Cheryl Carter, senior business development manager, Barbados Tourism Marketing Inc.