Despite the economic downturn brought on COVID-19, luxury travel network Virtuoso has still managed to add 19 travel agency members – one from Canada – to its network this year.
Albert Herrera, senior vice president, global partnerships at Virtuoso, said the newly-added agencies are a positive sign in what has been a difficult time for the travel industry.
“At a time when the travel industry is facing some of its most difficult times, we are encouraged by the continued interest we see from travel agencies looking to join our network,” he said. “We have a guiding business principle and it’s the belief that we’re better together. These 19 agencies, all leaders in both their territories as well as on a global front, share this philosophy and we’re honoured to partner with them to further their success.”
Virtuoso has seen its strongest gains in Asia-Pacific, which accounts for more than half of new entrants this year.
Virtuoso’s newest members include:
- Canada: Maritime Travel - Tillsonburg
- Australia: Discerning Traveller; TTFN Travel
- Brazil: GOYA by Copastur
- China: Bridge Travel; Domi Luxury; Hujn Luxury Travel; LE Travel; Reception Expert; Sichuan
- Freshtour International Travel Service
- France: ELUXTRAVEL; PREMIUM CONCIERGERIE
- Greece: Executive Travel Greece
- South Korea: Chalet Travel and Life; Kalpak
- United Kingdom: B Away
- United States: Just Cruises branch of Deprez Travel; Odyssey Travel Viera; Tzell Travel Group
Don't miss a single travel story: subscribe to PAX today!