The Travel Agent Next Door was created to fully support the retail travel industry and in a very short time, has become Canada’s fastest growing travel agency network.
The company’s program offers member agents and agencies benefits and opportunities that are unmatched by any other group in Canada. Not only do they support home-based agents, but many agencies are choosing to join the group as well.
We’ve asked some of their 320+ travel agents to tell us the top reasons they chose to go home-based, why they selected The Travel Agent Next Door and what they would recommend most about The Travel Agent Next Door to other agents.
This week, we are featuring the responses from home based agent Ian Spencer, The Travel Agent Next Door, Edmonton.
The top 3 reasons I decided to become a home based travel agent
- To have the freedom to control my destiny and business.
- To reduce the start-up costs and overhead versus a bricks-and-mortar office.
- The opportunity to be a stay-at-home dad for my daughter’s school years - priceless!
The top 3 reasons I chose The Travel Agent Next Door
- The availability of having a back office and accounting system that was not available with my previous host agency.
- The much better commission split and selection of preferred tour operators.
- Flemming Friisdahl.
The top 3 benefits that I would recommend to other agents
- The ability to issue invoices ourselves, I wasn’t able to with my previous host agency.
- To be associated with a national agency group and all the wonderful associates!
- The money! A much better commission split with higher commissions from tour operators.