Global luxury travel network Virtuoso revealed the winners of the widely coveted 2018 Best of the Best awards at their 30th annual Virtuoso Travel Week, which took place last week in Las Vegas.
The ceremony honored the year's top 10 hotels and hoteliers before an audience of 1,700 of luxury travel's leading figures at the 12th annual Hotels & Resorts Dinner. While the event recognized various aspects of hospitality, from best family program to sustainable tourism leadership, it was Ireland's Adare Manor that took home the night's most prestigious award: Hotel of the Year.
1,000+ agency members weigh in
Virtuoso's voting public included its 1,000-plus travel agency members and their 17,500 professional travel advisors from 50 countries. Editors of VIRTUOSO LIFE, the network's magazine, contributed their expert insights to name the initial nominees on which the advisors voted. Best of the Best award winners will be featured in the publication's September/October issue, reaching 200,000 global luxury travellers.
"This year's Best of the Best winners are a beautifully diverse group with worldwide appeal, showcasing hotels that are historic and contemporary, small and large, and boutique properties alongside well-known luxury brands," said Albert Herrera, senior vice president of Global Product Partnerships for Virtuoso. "These properties set a standard of the highest quality for the entire Virtuoso portfolio with their commitment to innovating constantly to improve the guest experience. We are proud to call these world's-finest properties our own and are inspired by their creativity in breaking new ground for the luxury hospitality industry."
With an extensive collection of more than 1,300 hotels, resorts, villas and private island retreats in over 100 countries, Virtuoso Hotels & Resorts is the industry's most respected hotel program. Founded in 1992 with only 20 hotels, it encompasses more five-star properties than any other program.
The 2018 Virtuoso Best of the Best winners
- Hotel of the Year: Winner: Adare Manor, Limerick, Ireland
- Best Achievement in Design: Winner: The Silo Hotel, Cape Town, South Africa
- Best Dining Experience: Winner: Meadowood Napa Valley - The Restaurant, St. Helena, California, U.S.
- Best Bar: Winner: Brown's Hotel, A Rocco Forte Hotel – The Donovan Bar, London, U.K.
- Sustainable Tourism Leadership: Winner: Six Senses Douro Valley – Lamego, Portugal
- Best Family Program: Winner: The Ranch at Rock Creek – Philipsburg, Montana
- Best Wellness Program: Winner: BodyHoliday Saint Lucia – Castries, St. Lucia
- Best Virtuoso Newcomer: Winner: Hôtel de Crillon, A Rosewood Hotel – Paris, France
- Best Virtuoso Hotel Ambassador: Winner: Andrea Filippi, Belmond
- Hotelier of the Year: Winner: Patrizio Cipollini, Four Seasons Hotel Firenze, Florence, Italy