Romantic Planet Vacations, Canada's boutique host travel agency specializing in destination weddings, hosted their 10th annual Romance Travel Show: Destination Wedding & Honeymoon Expo on Feb. 5 in Toronto during their cross-Canada tour.
These consumer show series started in Ottawa on Feb. 4, and will wrap up in Western Canada with Vancouver on Feb. 10, Edmonton on Feb. 12, and Calgary on Feb. 13. The Toronto show was the company's attended event in the company's history, with 775 pre-qualified Canadian wedding couple RSVPs and a total of 17 travel suppliers showcasing their romance travel product including Transat Holidays, Sunwing Vacations, Air Canada Vacations, Majestic Resorts, Sandos Hotels, AM Resorts, Jamaica Tourist Board, Melia Hotels, Bahia Principe, Melia Hotels Cuba, RIU Resorts, Couples Resorts, Blue Diamond Resorts, Karisma Resorts, Barbados Tourism, Playa Resorts and The Fives Hotel.
Laurie Keith, founder of Romantic Planet Vacations and the Romance Travel Show, claims the show's overwhelming success is in the quality of partnerships with specific valued suppliers in the industry that also cater to this niche market and in the pre-qualification of the attendees.
"We ensure the quality of those who are attending our events," Keith said. "Each couple is seriously looking at planning a destination wedding or honeymoon in the next year or two."
Top partnership awards
In celebration of it's 10th anniversary of the show, Romantic Planet Vacations presented top partnership awards to the following;
- Most Romantic Resort in Dominican Republic 2020 - Majestic Hotels and Resorts
- Most Romantic Resorts in Cuba 2020 - Melia Hotels International Cuba
- Most Romantic Resorts in Mexico 2020 - Sandos Hotels and Resorts
- Most Romantic Luxury Resorts 2020 - AMResorts
- Most Romantic Destination Wedding Venues 2020 - Melia Hotels International
- Most Romantic Family Resorts 2020 - Barcelo Hotel Group
- Most Romantic Tour Operator 2020 - Sunwing Vacations
- Most Romantic Destination - Jamaica
For more information on Romantic Planet Vacations or to learn how to become a certified destination wedding specialist, visit www.romanticplanetvacations.com.
Don't miss a single travel story: subscribe to PAX today!