Pax Global Media
Travel Edge Network has launched a new Champions program that features a group of hand-selected advisors who will act as brand representatives and ambassadors for the luxury travel host agency network.
The advisors, who represent diverse regions across the United States and Canada, were chosen following an open call for applications.
Selection was based on meeting criteria such as minimal one year in business, strong supplier relationships and potential to grow further, interest in continuing education and training and ability to represent the network at various industry events and trade shows.
They will also be required to attend three dedicated virtual and one live meeting for the Champions group annually.
Among the benefits for advisors in being part of this exclusive group include access to attend key industry events and trade shows such as ILTM, DUCO, LE and PURE among others.
Advisors will also have opportunities to serve as resources for trade and consumer media.
“The creation of the Champions program is an extension of the training and development we are committed to providing for our advisors to help them grow their business, enhance their profiles and exposure, and recognize their growth and success with additional opportunities to represent the network,” said Nadiya Makarenko, senior vice-president of Travel Edge Network. “This group truly represents the highest standards for our network – as well as for the industry - offering clients their extensive knowledge and expertise about destinations and travel experiences around the globe combined with access to the best partners in the industry through our network’s longstanding relationships.”
The inaugural group
The inaugural Champions group includes a mix of advisors, including two Canadians: Laura Kelley (Elsewhere by Laura) and Ajay Karah (Plan A Travel Solutions).
1. Alli Allen – Travel Edge (Atlanta, GA)
2. Lisa Boyd – Life is Short Adventures (Birmingham, AL)
3. Katie Carew – Travel Edge (New York)
4. David Hawkraven - Designed Travel (Seattle, WA)
5. Shaiy Howard – Travel by Shaiy (Miami, FL)
6. Maru Hyndman – Travel Edge (La Jolla, CA)
7. Linda Janourova – Travel Edge (Berkely, CA)
8. Ajay Karah – Plan A Travel Solutions (Canada)
9. Laura Kelley - Elsewhere by Laura (Toronto, Canada)
10. Debbie Kessler - Leisure Travel Artist (Bay Area, CA)
11. Amy Metzger – Travel Edge (Atlanta, GA)
12. Brian Pentek – Luxe Life Travel (Chicago, IL)
13. Trisha Pergande - Seven Oysters Travel (Minneapolis, MN)
14. Anna Bright Schulte – Anna Bright Luxury Travel (Nashville, TN)
15. Angela Adto Tepper - AZA Luxury Travel (New York)
16. Susan Zurbin-Hothersall - Travel Edge (New York)
The Champions program is an extension of the other training and development programs Travel Edge Network offers.
This includes its Knowledge Trips to help advisors gain critical firsthand knowledge of Travel Edge Network’s preferred partners for hotel, air, tour operators and more, as well as Edge Advantage, which is geared to both new-to-business advisors as well as for tenured advisors who may need training in limited areas.
Don't miss a single travel story: subscribe to PAX today! Click here to follow PAX on Facebook.