Amid another grim winter of COVID-19 lockdowns, news of possible human interaction couldn't come sooner.
The Association of Canadian Travel Agencies (ACTA) announced Thursday (Feb. 3) that it will be taking its events back on the road and connecting the travel and tourism industry face-to-face this year with one-day conferences in Toronto, Vancouver and Montreal this September.
The events will unfold on the following dates:
- Toronto - Sept. 14
- Vancouver - Sept. 21
- Montreal - Sept. 28
“We have really missed the many advantages of meeting face to face during the pandemic and while our virtual events have been very well attended and successful, we really look forward to bringing the industry together again in person,” said Wendy Paradis, president of ACTA.
ACTA is calling on industry members to update their calendars and plan to attend this year’s events, which are sponsored by Air Canada and Manulife.
Some of the highlights of the day will include
- (Re)Connecting with peers and all sectors of the Canadian travel industry
- Learning from world class leaders on topics that impact your business today and help shape it for tomorrow.
- Discovering exciting new opportunities to bring your business to the next level
- Brushing up on global travel industry trends and insights.
- Interacting with the over 40 suppliers on the trade show floor and during the networking reception
- Winning prizes! Thanks to the support of the entire roster of event sponsors the ACTA one day conference is complimentary for ACTA members to attend and designed to benefit all of our members including front line travel agents, independent contractors, senior leaders, consortia groups and host agencies.
ACTA is also asking industry members to save the date for its Ontario Golf Tournament that will also make a come back in 2022 at the Royal Ontario Golf Club in Milton, ON on July 14 2022.
Proceeds from the ACTA Golf Tournament help support the Tourism Cares Charity and the ACTA Advocacy Fund.
Questions about ACTA's 2022 events can be directed to Marco Pozzobon at firstname.lastname@example.org.