Pax Global Media
The Association of Canadian Travel Agencies (ACTA) has appointed its 2023 Independent Travel Agent Advisory Group.
The group is comprised of independent travel agents from across Canada, from different host agencies and with strong regional representation.
Its responsibilities include advising ACTA on advocacy issues specific to independent travel agents, according to a press release.
“We are thankful to all those who applied and we look forward to working with this excellent and representative group of independent travel agents this year,” said Wendy Paradis, ACTA's president.
In addition to the Independent Travel Agent Advisory Group, ACTA also engages the National Board of Directors, Regional Advisory Councils, the Travel Agency Leaders Advisory Group, the CCTA, CTC/CTM professionals, and other member groups as part of broad industry consultation on advocacy issues.
“These groups enable ACTA to develop advocacy priorities that engage the interests of all segments of membership to ensure government and supplier advocacy is comprehensive,” said Paradis.
Following a call for applicants, ACTA says it received an "overwhelming expression of interest."
The group held its first meeting of the year this week.
The 2023 ACTA Independent Travel Agent Advisory Group members are:
- Alicia Haldane, CTC, Nexion Canada (Ontario)
- Amanda Beaver, TravelOnly (Ontario)
- Camille Hillis, Independent by Flight Centre (British Columbia)
- Coleen Rogg, The Travel Agent Next Door (Saskatchewan)
- Debbie Ford, CTC, Trevello (Nova Scotia)
- Johanne Berthiaume, Passion Voyage (Quebec)
- Judith Coates, The Travel Agent Next Door (Ontario)
- Linda Skehor, Travel Best Bets (British Columbia)
- Onanta Forbes, Travel Time (Alberta)
- Pierrette Pilon, Expedia Cruises (Quebec)
- Sheila Gallant-Halloran, Vision Travel (Ontario)
ACTA says it welcomes additional expressions of interest from independent travel agents in Manitoba.
Those who are interested can contact Avery Campbell, director of advocacy and industry relations email@example.com.
Don't miss a single travel story: subscribe to PAX today! Click here to follow PAX on Facebook.