Business Unit: Transat Tours Canada
Status: Permanent full-time
Work Location: Montreal or Toronto
*** This job position can be in Montreal or Toronto. ***
The incumbent is responsible for Air Transat’s overall sales policy to the segment of Online Travel Agencies (OTA). As such, he is in charge of the development of sales strategies, clients search, and partnerships negotiation with the key players. He develops strategies, action plans and sales arguments to maximize the increase offlights and ancillary products sales revenueand reduce distribution costs.
To do this, he plans, organizes and controls all commercial and marketing activities related to the OTA segment. His main role is to strengthen the presence of Air Transat on the agencies websites and optimizethe distribution contracts.
- Establish and monitor the overall commercial relationship of the online travel agencies (OTA) channel in Canada and internationally;
- Assess the risks and opportunities of working with OTA;
- Assess and tap the potential of existing and future partners;
- Negotiate, draft and conclude commercial agreements with OTA;
- Develop, implement and monitor a sales and marketing plan by agent or group of agents;
- Identify and develop new airpartnerships to promote sales and diversify the distribution of Air Transat products;
- Determine the rules of conduct to ensure that Air Transat maintains control over flights only sale prices;
- Ensure that the volume objectives with each partner are well defined and executed;
- Work closely with local teams outside Canada to effectively monitor sales and marketing plans (UK, France, etc.);
- Control the application of commercial agreements between Air Transat and online travel agencies (OTA)
- Check the display of Air Transat products and optimize the products visibility;
- Develop a migration plan to encourage OTA players to be connected via Radixx and / or Datalex systems to reduce distribution costs;
- Collaborate with the various marketing teams to manage Meta Search relationships and ensure the best visual presence in relation with the business plan;
- Provide and comment on reports and dashboards to measureefficiently achieved and future results (performance and projections);
- Monitor the segment and communicate all information that may contribute to its growth, including recommendations to adapt to the conditions of each market.
- Bachelor orMasterdegree in sales, Web Marketing, E-commerce or related discipline;
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in marketing or sales;
- Proven experience in an online agency and or e-commerce;
- Experience in an airline company (an asset);
- Excellent knowledge of distribution networks;
- Excellent negotiation and sales skills;
- Fluent in French and English and outstanding communication skills;
- Strong sense of initiative; independent with a focus on client satisfaction;
- Familiar with GDS;
- Available for frequent national and international travels;
- Knowledge of the travelling industry.
To apply for this vacancy, please send your résumé via this website.
Transat values diversity in the workplace and is committed to employment equity by encouraging applications from the following designated groups: women, aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.
To facilitate the reading of this document, the masculine form has been retained.