- Nomination period: September 16th to October 14, 2019
- Voting period: October 15th to October 25th, 2019
- Winner announcement: October 29th, 2019
- This contest is open to all travel agents actively working in the industry, in Canada, who are not employees of, or a member of the immediate family of, or domiciled with, an employee of PAX Global Media and/or Sunwing.
- Complete the online contest form at PAX and submit up to three (3) travel photo(s) (digital format only) to Snapshots Contest 14 no later than October 14, 2019, 11:59 pm EST.
- Participants who've already won the contest before may not win it again.
- Pictures must be the original work of the individual submitting them.
- Pictures may be of any subject but must have a travel-related theme.
- All pictures received will appear in our National Snapshots Contest online photo album in PAX. Images must conform to contest stipulations.
- PAX reserves the right to refuse publication of any image it deems inconsistent or inappropriate within the rules.
- Only digital photos in either .jpeg or .png formats sent by email will be accepted. Selfies are not accepted.
All inclusive vacation for two to the Planet Hollywood Beach Resort Costa Rica. One (1) vacation per PAXedition online publication: PAXnews, PAXnouvelles and PAXnewsWest.
Approximate value for one all-inclusive vacation for two (2) to the Planet Hollywood Beach Resort Costa Rica is $5,170 plus taxes ($380 p/p to be paid by Sunwing);
All prizes are subject to the following Terms and Conditions.
- Roundtrip airfare, based on economy class, for two (2) persons consisting of two (2) adults (one of whom must be the winner) from any available Canadian gateway to Liberia, Costa Rica onboard a Sunwing Airlines operated flight
- Seven (7) nights standard accommodations at the Planet Hollywood Beach Resort Costa Rica in a room based on a double occupancy
- An all Inclusive meal plan while at the Planet Hollywood Beach Resort Costa Rica
- Land transfers between the airport and hotel in destination
- All hotel taxes and processing fees
- Taxes (including, but not limited to, departure taxes, air seat/airline taxes and applicable federal, provincial, municipal, state and/or local taxes)
Not included in the Sunwing prize:
- Ground transportation not specifically mentioned above (including transportation to and from the winner's the his/her guest(s)’ homes)
- Airport improvement fees
- Insurance (including, but not limited to, travel insurance, medical insurance and trip cancelation insurance)
- Connecting flights (including to the departure gateway city if the winner does not live near an available gateway)
- Sightseeing tours and other in-destination activities
- Travel related fees/surcharges
- Excess baggage fees
- Costs associated with obtaining travel documents (including, but not limited to passports and visas)
- Costs associated with obtaining necessary vaccinations
- Items of personal nature
- Additional meals
- Room upgrade
- Tips & gratuities
- In-room movies
PAX readers will be able to vote online for their favourite image between October 15 and October 25, 2019. Each reader will be allowed to vote only one (1) time per picture. All duplicates are automatically cancelled.
The grand prize winner will be announced on PAX on October 29, 2019.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
CLAIMING THE PRIZE
- You accept the prize “as is” otherwise it will be forfeited
- Travel is valid from November 1, 2019 – October 31, 2020 (the “Travel Period”)
- Travel is subject to availability and must be requested a minimum of four (4) weeks prior to the requested departure date
Blackout periods apply, including without limitation: Aug 01-31 , Nov 22-Dec 1 , Dec 17-Jan 6, Feb 14-28, Mar 11-22, Apr 4-22 , Aug 01-31 2020 subject to availability
- If you are unable to travel during the Travel Period, you will be required to forfeit the prize and an alternate winner may be selected at Sunwing’s sole discretion
- Once the reservation is made, it cannot be changed
- As Sunwing Airlines does not operate year- round in many Canadian gateways and Sunwing Airlines has stopped flying for the season out of your closest Canadian gateway for your requested travel dates- it is left at your responsibility (the prize winner) to make your way to the next closest Canadian gateway with operating flights for your requested departure dates
- Sunwing Airlines only operates into Liberia, Costa Rica (LIR) out of the following Canadian gateways; Toronto (YYZ), Montreal-Dorval (YUL), Calgary (YYC), and Edmonton (YEG). If you (the prize winner) does not live near one of these gateways it is left at your own expense to cover your connecting flights into the closest Sunwing operating Canadian gateway.
- All reservations are subject to the terms and conditions set out in Sunwing’s brochure or located on Sunwing’s website located at www.sunwing.ca
- You and your travel guest(s) must be in possession of a valid passport and other necessary travel documents upon selection, which documents must be valid prior to, and for the duration of the trip. Failure to obtain necessary travel documentation will result in forfeiture of the prize
- Any lost or stolen, travel vouchers or certificates will not be replaced
- All airline tickets are subject to flight variations, work stoppage, and schedule or route changes
- Sunwing reserves the right to structure travel routes and select hotels in its sole discretion. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight except at the sole discretion of Sunwing
- If the prize, or any portion thereof, is unused, it cannot be carried forward and will be forfeit
- Elements of the prize (including, without limitation, airfare and lodging) may not be used towards frequent flyer miles or other loyalty programs
- You and your guest must comply with all applicable laws, including but not limited to, all local laws while in destination
- The prize, and any portion thereof, is non-exchangeable, non-transferable, non-refundable, has no cash surrender value and must be accepted as awarded with no substitutions, except as may be decided by Sunwing in its sole discretion
Sunwing reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute and/or modify the prize or any portion thereof, with a prize of equal or greater value for any reason
PAX Global Media and Sunwing reserve the right to modify or cancel the contest at their sole discretion and without warning
Submitted images are the responsibility of the photographer and must conform to current laws and publishing rights. All submitted photos must be free of any restrictions. Contest organizers cannot be held responsible for any dispute or contention regarding copyrights or other related rights.
By submitting images to our Snapshot Contest 14 you give PAX Global Media the legal right to use and publish your submitted materials for future advertising, promotion and other electronic or print campaigns. You also acknowledge that the image was taken by you, and that any identifiable persons in your image(s) have approved your submission to this contest. Participants must be 21 years of age or older.
By entering the contest and agreeing to our terms and conditions, the winners confirm their eligibility and compliance with the contest rules and release PAX Global Media and its partners and affiliates from all liability caused by, or resulting from, the acceptance or use of the contest prize.
PAX Global Media assumes no responsibility for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged, or misdirected entries, or for any failure of the website during this contest, for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, services, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by PAX Global Media on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or the website or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant’s, or any other person’s computer, related to, or resulting from, playing or downloading any material in the promotion. Any attempt to deliberately damage the website or to undermine the legitimate operation of this promotion is a violation of the Criminal and Civil laws, and should such an attempt be made. PAX Global Media reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. PAX Global Media reserves the right to change the terms of this contest, or terminate it at any time, without prior notice.
All entries become the property of PAX Global Media and none will be returned. No correspondence will be entered into except with the selected entrants who will be notified by email and announced in our e-newsletter. Entrants, by entering this contest, agree to abide by these contest rules. Contest winners must consent to the use of their name and photograph, without compensation, in any publicity carried out by PAX Global Media.